Time to upgrade....

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It's time for an upgrade! Otherwise known as 'Dang it! My phone just crapped itself!'

Here's my basics;
Verizon
Dead phone: HTC Droid Incredible 2

As I'm sure you can tell I have not phone shopped in a while. I lean toward HTC, possible Samsung. (Because that's all I've experienced)
What would you suggest for a new replacement and why?

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's time for an upgrade! Otherwise known as 'Dang it! My phone just crapped itself!'

Here's my basics;
Verizon
Dead phone: HTC Droid Incredible 2

As I'm sure you can tell I have not phone shopped in a while. I lean toward HTC, possible Samsung. (Because that's all I've experienced)
What would you suggest for a new replacement and why?

Check this out:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DFLEXR1%23exterior%2Fbackplate&token=zMEOIT1y

Save $100 off a contract-free Moto X this week | Android Central

You can pick up the Moto X off contract for only $249 starting tomorrow. It's an excellent phone. (My wife has the Moto G which is fantastic and the Moto X is more than twice the phone so there you go.) I suggest this for a few reasons:

1. It's off contract
2. You can sell it and break even if you hate it once the sale goes off next week
3. It's customizable
4. More than powerful enough
5. The camera is better than you're use to
6. It's an EXCELLENT deal!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention it's a dang fine phone. Don't listen to the "spec-whores", this phone doesn't need the fastest processor to perform well (I have one).

It has as pure of an Android experience you'll get without getting a Nexus or GPE device. Updates come quick, Google released 4.4.3 for the Nexus and GPE devices yesterday, the unlocked Moto X starts getting it TODAY. It has USEFUL and unobtrusive manufacturer add-ons, and those are updated outside an OS update.

Useful and cool Moto X - exclusive features:
Touchless controls
Active Display
I'm sure there's another but it's early yet.

Battery life is pretty good too. Yesterday I used mine as a hotspot for 2 hours, made a few phone calls, sent some texts and when it was idle it was in a VERY poor signal zone with no WiFi. When I went to bed I still had more than 20% battery left, after it had been unplugged for 18 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC