Fellow Android users, are you Mac, PC, chromebook, or something else users?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a surface pro

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Used Macs for a while (iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro) then switched to Windows desktops and laptops since the GIS software I use isn't Mac compatible.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Very recently a Mac OS X user. Bought a rMBP 13" over the weekend 😀
Still have Windows 7 on my desktop though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Run Windows and all its software – including GIS – on your Mac(s). Side by side on-screen with OSX if you want. Natively or in VMs. Can't do that* on Windows machines...

*unless you're a bonafide ICT geek

Technically not my Macs since they were purchased by University/Department which won't allow me to modify anything. Was just easier and cheaper to get a Windows laptop.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations!
If you install Windows 7 on that MBP too you could reclaim all that desktop space! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Boot Camp loses the OS X driver support, and Intel's default ones aren't great. Battery life also takes a big hit.

Maybe if I were to buy Parallels.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Using OS X, Mavericks on my 2012 MBP.

Also run Win 7 on a self-built desktop that is now more of a file server but it can still run games.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Run Windows and all its software – including GIS – on your Mac(s). Side by side on-screen with OSX if you want. Natively or in VMs. Can't do that* on Windows machines...
Have never had a reason to, since PC hardware is faster for the same price, and has a far larger software library. Peripherals are usually cheaper as well.

If I owned a Mac I would basically own a really expensive PC, since I would never have a reason to run the Mac OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz