09-12-2019 08:16 PM
34 12
tools
    Not yet. I have a screen protector on my phone. You need to keep the phone clean when it got sweat.
    04-24-2016 11:19 PM
    I'm a regular gym goer - one recommendation I would give, don't buy a phone with a leather back, it's not too forgiving when it comes to odor.
    04-26-2016 02:55 AM
    Not yet. I have however used other peoples phones that reeked of BO (body odor), cigarette smoke etc. I am no germophobe AT ALL, and it takes a lot to gross me out, but this was disturbing to say the least. I didn't even want to hold it up against my face.
    04-28-2016 11:18 AM
    Nope, I have never seen it. I have friends who play games a lot and have sweaty palms and surprisingly nothing has happened to their phones yet.
    05-17-2016 04:05 PM
    Well, it can happen but the chances are small. I've had long conversations during the summer but the sweat never got into the phone. Be careful but don't worry too much.
    05-18-2016 08:31 AM
    Yes I have. I have fried two different Galaxy Note 4's while training for a marathon. The sweat/humidity/condensation creeps into the inside of the phone and the phone starts going haywire. With my replacement Note 4 in hand....and doing some research online, I frequently saw comments about placing your phone in a freezer bag. I did that. The second one fried and went to cell phone heaven as well. It is very difficult trying to research for cell phone's recommended for long distance running that can handle the sweat/humidity/condensation. I may be upgrading to the Galaxy S7 Edge. It's apparently water resistant. Hope that works for me.
    01-01-2017 08:11 PM
    Yeahs, I killed an iPhone 4s with perspiration from running.
    01-02-2017 01:35 PM
    What the title says. Have you ever had a phone get damaged by your sweat in any way, shape, or form? I am mildly worried about damage because sometimes I sweat a lot, and I am worried that the sweat will go into the home button when I push it. Please share your experiences. Thanks.
    I have heard of it, but never had it happen to me.

I did damage a pair of headphones when I was gyming some months ago, due to heavy sweat.
    01-02-2017 03:18 PM
    What the title says. Have you ever had a phone get damaged by your sweat in any way, shape, or form? I am mildly worried about damage because sometimes I sweat a lot, and I am worried that the sweat will go into the home button when I push it. Please share your experiences. Thanks.

Was doing research to see if this was even possible, i guess i damaged my phone earlier this week when i was talking and sweating alot alot, i thought i was doing a good job of wiping it off but i guess not because the phone died shortly after. Was a Xiaomi phone ...i finished the conversation, about 15 mins later was texting and the screen went all black but the phone was still on. Screen still hasnt came back on and i just ended up getting a new phone temporarily till i figure out if i want to have it fixed. I guess some phones handle sweat better than others, next time ill just wear a cheap earpiece.
    09-12-2019 08:16 PM
34 12