07-14-2014 10:44 AM
100 1234
tools
    I used to have similar issues with 3 Motorola Droids so I'm not sure the fault lies with Samsung but it's probably split on some level.
    Maybe you just have bad luck, I have a device from Motorola, Samsung and HTC, with little to no problems from any of them.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
    06-27-2014 07:48 AM
    My Z10 overheated and took itself out of my lineup. -_-

I had just bought it an extended battery. After I'd bought and sold my Q10/Z30 that happened. What luck!

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    Why did you sell your Z30 and buy the Z10? Was the Z30 too big for you?

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3
    06-27-2014 08:13 AM
    Why did you sell your Z30 and buy the Z10? Was the Z30 too big for you?

Good question. My personal phone is a Z30, and my company phone is a Z10. I enjoy the large screen on the Z30 from a typing perspective. 5 to 5.2 is the perfect size for me.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
    06-27-2014 04:38 PM
    I've read a lot of ignorant comments here. I just got my first BlackBerry phone not too long ago, and having come from iPhone and Android since the the iPhone 2G, I can easily say BlackBerry 10 is the best out right now. Yes, it doesn't have all the apps, but it has most, and has virtually all the ones most users use. Yes, it doesn't have the world's most top specs right now but most users don't need so much specs and the specs the current phones do have are still very, very good, and specs don't mean anything, it's how the phones run, and they run very, very good. That's pretty much it, I think. Other than that, the efficiency on BlackBerry 10, convenience, ease, etc. is number role without a doubt.

That doesn't mean you have to prefer BlackBerry 10. Someone might like widgets (I know I do). Someone might like just basics like iPhone (I know I don't). But to say BlackBerry 19 is bad, garbage or anything one that is either ignorance or just corporate slave.

Posted via Android Central App
    The hell is a corporate slave?

06-27-2014 05:49 PM
    I've read a lot of ignorant comments here. I just got my first BlackBerry phone not too long ago, and having come from iPhone and Android since the the iPhone 2G, I can easily say BlackBerry 10 is the best out right now. Yes, it doesn't have all the apps, but it has most, and has virtually all the ones most users use. Yes, it doesn't have the world's most top specs right now but most users don't need so much specs and the specs the current phones do have are still very, very good, and specs don't mean anything, it's how the phones run, and they run very, very good. That's pretty much it, I think. Other than that, the efficiency on BlackBerry 10, convenience, ease, etc. is number role without a doubt.

That doesn't mean you have to prefer BlackBerry 10. Someone might like widgets (I know I do). Someone might like just basics like iPhone (I know I don't). But to say BlackBerry 19 is bad, garbage or anything one that is either ignorance or just corporate slave.

Yes its all about personal preference and what works better for you. I had a Z10 for a year and sold it to get a Note 3. I personally prefer Android over BB 10.

A895 likes this.
    06-27-2014 07:19 PM
    There is also the possibility that some people find desirable features in several platforms and do not wish to be tied down to just one:

I love my Q10. As I said before I find it way more reliable than my now defunct Note 3, I love the size (hey, I get to look respectable in my reading glasses, lol) and I love the keyboard.
    That said, because I will not pollute my Q10 by side loading Android apps, I am missing a few on my phone.

But I have my Galaxy Note Pro tablet.
    No, it's not perfect, it lags a lot and the keyboard keeps hiccuping on me, but I love the display, the 4 way split screen is to die for and it does everything I need for work and play.
    And I get the apps.

Then off course there is my iPod Touch.
    It's a 5th generation, I bought it last year because I like a playlist when I teach yoga and most studios in my area are sound equipped for Apple products.
    Amazingly enough, it has survived IOS7 so it works fine and I can hook it up to my Q10 or Note Pro hotspots if I need to.

This means I get the best of 3 platform and don't have to care too much about what I'm not too crazy about.
    Because of the Blackberry Hub, I get all my emails from all my accounts in one shots, even with my iCloud address, without having all my eggs in one basket.

Will I ever go back to an Android phone? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. I find it too unstable and again, being forced to update a device that I bought out right and own is unacceptable to my Libertarian tendencies, lol.
    Will I ever go back to an iPhone? Well, at least they don't force you to upgrade though if you do, unlike BB, you cannot go back. Apple would have to pull a small miracle for me to use their phones again, but I find this more possible than with Android.

I just like my Q10.
    I remember when I had to give up my old BB I was so bummed, and now with the BB10 OS I'm really having fun.

But I do think there are pluses and minuses in all platforms.
    Apple is too limited and strict but whatever they have that works is reliable. (except for IOS7, lol)
    Android is the equivalent of being a kid in a candy store... complete with the sugar rushing freak out on the updates.
    BB is solid all around but it lacks the apps.

I see no reason not to use all of them and switch at will when I need features that are stronger in either of them.
    06-27-2014 08:01 PM
    Synonym of fanboy.

I don't think those are synonymous at all.

06-27-2014 08:18 PM
    I think that they're solid devices. I'm not fond of the classic but the other two look to be of that premium build that, in my opinion, only Apple, Nokia and RIM have met. I would like to see Android get one of the really solid OEMs or for Google to create their own phone for this reason.
    well at least you said your opinion. my xperia's premium build begs to differ though
    06-28-2014 11:52 AM
    NSA can't hack into a blackberry as easy!
    I'm so glad we have someone inside that organization who knows what their highly classified capabilities are!
    A895 likes this.
    06-28-2014 11:56 AM
    I'm so glad we have someone inside that organization who knows what their highly classified capabilities are!
    Beyond the software capabilities, "can the NSA hack into BB or not", there is simply the question of ethics.
    Blackberry simply did not open their legs to the NSA and shout "come and get it" like Android, Apple and Microsoft did.
    I know most here don't care about that, but personally I do and I'm betting that a fairly large number of BB users feel the same way.
    Can the NSA hack into Blackberry? Probably.
    But they don't volunteer to have their clients records exposed.
    06-29-2014 02:59 PM
    Beyond the software capabilities, "can the NSA hack into BB or not", there is simply the question of ethics.
    Blackberry simply did not open their legs to the NSA and shout "come and get it" like Android, Apple and Microsoft did.
    I know most here don't care about that, but personally I do and I'm betting that a fairly large number of BB users feel the same way.
    Yeah thats true but that doesn't mean that Google and Samsung cant beef up their security that rivals BlackBerry's. They are already working on it and have the resources to do it snd if they do thats the final nail in the coffin for BB.

06-29-2014 03:07 PM
    I dont do anything illegal and use my phone for personal use so I really dont care if the NSA has my information. I care more about variety of phones I can buy and being able to customize my phone. Its all about what OS works best for you

06-29-2014 03:11 PM
    So American companies voluntarily allowed their government body to allow them to have their customers data? Are you serious? Of course they allowed them hut they didn't willingly let them in they HAD to let them in, it's the government.

BlackBerry can and will be hacked if need be but I am assuming the NSA, don't want to bother or didn't have jurisdiction to do so because it is Canadian based.

06-29-2014 03:39 PM
    Actually you don't have the slightest idea of what the true story is either way. But please don't let that stop you from engaging in melodramatic erotic analogies, I wouldn't want to cramp your style or well reasoned, articulate, and rational approach to information.
    A895 likes this.
    06-29-2014 03:42 PM
    So American companies voluntarily allowed their government body to allow them to have their customers data? Are you serious? Of course they allowed them hut they didn't willingly let them in they HAD to let them in, it's the government.

BlackBerry can and will be hacked if need be but I am assuming the NSA, don't want to bother or didn't have jurisdiction to do so because it is Canadian based.

actually to borrow Guppy's analogy, the CDN government intelligence opens their legs for NSA on a regular basis. So Blackberry's country of origin doesn't matter.
    06-29-2014 03:45 PM
    actually to borrow Guppy's analogy, the CDN government intelligence opens their legs for NSA on a regular basis. So Blackberry's country of origin doesn't matter.
    That's make it even worse, so guppy was flat out wrong and BlackBerry is just as vulnerable. Well, I am glad that was cleared up. So besides security (now that is out of the window) what was so compelling about BlackBerry's offerings?

06-29-2014 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the laugh, guys. I'm out.
    06-29-2014 04:22 PM
    Don't leave. Informational discussions is what drives forums.

06-29-2014 04:27 PM
    Who's laughing now?

Big fat zero: BlackBerry U.S. market share hits rock bottom, survey says | TechHive

BlackBerry captured zero percent of the U.S. consumer smartphone market in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to a survey by market research firm CIRP. That's none, or at least not enough worth mentioning. Even dumbphones had a greater share of the market, at 3 percent of all sales.
    A895 likes this.
    06-29-2014 05:26 PM
    Post that on CB they should get a kick out of that lol

A895 likes this.
    06-29-2014 11:04 PM
    That's make it even worse, so guppy was flat out wrong and BlackBerry is just as vulnerable. Well, I am glad that was cleared up. So besides security (now that is out of the window) what was so compelling about BlackBerry's offerings?

Nothing thats why nobody but hard core BB users by them

A895 likes this.
    06-29-2014 11:05 PM
    Good question. My personal phone is a Z30, and my company phone is a Z10. I enjoy the large screen on the Z30 from a typing perspective. 5 to 5.2 is the perfect size for me.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
    Ok I understand now

06-29-2014 11:06 PM

Nobody knows the truth about that except the NSA. If you believe everything the media tells you then your living in a dream world

06-29-2014 11:09 PM
    Unless your doing something illegal with your phone then you have nothing to worry about. The most the NSA can get out of my phone is my contacts and my location. Im not a drug dealer or have any warrants so I could careless if they get my contacts or location I have nothing to hide

A895 and rusty502 like this.
    06-29-2014 11:13 PM
    Blackberry is a solid device. You see them more in the business world than anything and I believe the reason why we all have Android phones is because it's a trend right now. Everyone has one so everyone keeps one. No one wants to fall out of line. I remember this same trend with BB a while ago. I had BB Pearl 8130, Original Curve and the next 2 that came out after and then the BB Bold. I liked the Bold the best. At that time everyone was making the switch to Android. I actually had no problem with BB. Simple phone, easy to use yet more options than an iPhone. If I could I would get my Bold back and run it again.

My opinion is this. You go with the phone that suits your needs and not the needs of others. Don't follow someone because they may get mad at you for your likes.
    07-01-2014 07:47 AM
100 1234