Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it looks exactly like the Bold 9900 with a larger screen. When Samsung and Apple release devices that look similar to a older device BlackBerry users call it not being innovative. But when BlackBerry does it they call the device beautiful SMH

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

True... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sort of intrigued with the Passport keyboard. If they if fact have taken the Z10/30 keyboard experience and blend that into a physical keyboard, I would certainly give it a test ruun.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm very disappointed with their being no high end flagship of the full touch variety. Could at least have given a slider like the Torch!

The Classic is pretty nice. The Passport is so square I can't possibly fathom getting my hands around it comfortably.

I still want to see them in person anyways, even if just out of curiosity.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Mee Too, I purchased my Note3 in Feb and relinquished my Z10 to the bowels from which it came.

My Z10 overheated and took itself out of my lineup. -_-

I had just bought it an extended battery. After I'd bought and sold my Q10/Z30 that happened. What luck!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I just retired my Note3 and got a Q10.
Why?
Because the KitKat update, which was forced on me after I refused it several times, literally massacred my Note3.
I loved my Note3 on Jellybean, but Kitkat is a revolting farce.
And the fact that this butchery was forced on me was really the last straw. It's my effing phone, I paid for it, how dare they dictate the OS it runs on?

So I got a Q10 and I couldn't be happier.
Blackberry may have its down sides, like the lack of apps, but seriously, I find my Q10 faster, smoother and more powerful than my Note3.
I also like the camera quite a bit.
What I really love is that I won't be forced to bend over and take whatever software updates they roll out if I don't want to, and should I decide to update, if I don't like it, I can go back.

Oddly enough, coming from a Note3, I do not feel the need for a Z30 as I love the physical keyboard. I don't get auto corrected if I don't want to and I never, ever get typos.
And I don't feel the craving for the Passport either because even though my screen is now smaller, I really, really love being able to shove my phone in any pocket and type one handed at record speed.

But I do see a market for the Passport: while I don't feel the need for one now, if Blackberry doesn't come up with a tablet to replace the now discontinued Playbook, I might change my mind and get one anyway.
Because much as I like my Note Pro, I hate Google a little more everyday, I am getting increasing annoyed with the lagging issue and I have to admit the keyboard is not all that accurate.
But I suppose I will keep it for now because it does have some really cool features, plus I've already spent the money, lol.

But don't count Blackberry out just yet. Apple, Android and Microsoft have enough issues to have left the door wide open for a BlackBerry comeback.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the new devices are interesting. You have to admit they offer a unique product. I'm not a fan of the physical keyboard but I think enough people could be that hopefully BBY will have some success.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Why?
Because the KitKat update, which was forced on me after I refused it several times, literally massacred my Note3.
And the fact that this butchery was forced on me was really the last straw. It's my effing phone, I paid for it, how dare they dictate the OS it runs on?

Blackberry may have its down sides, like the lack of apps, but seriously, I find my Q10 faster, smoother and more powerful than my Note3.
What I really love is that I won't be forced to bend over and take whatever software updates they roll out if I don't want to, and should I decide to update, if I don't like it, I can go back.

Oddly enough, coming from a Note3, I do not feel the need for a Z30 as I love the physical keyboard. I don't get auto corrected if I don't want to and I never, ever get typos.
And I don't feel the craving for the Passport either because even though my screen is now smaller, I really, really love being able to shove my phone in any pocket and type one handed at record speed.

But I do see a market for the Passport: while I don't feel the need for one now, if Blackberry doesn't come up with a tablet to replace the now discontinued Playbook, I might change my mind and get one anyway.
Because much as I like my Note Pro, I hate Google a little more everyday, I am getting increasing annoyed with the lagging issue and I have to admit the keyboard is not all that accurate.
But I suppose I will keep it for now because it does have some really cool features, plus I've already spent the money, lol.

But don't count Blackberry out just yet. Apple, Android and Microsoft have enough issues to have left the door wide open for a BlackBerry comeback.

No. Just, No. BlackBerry would have to pull a miracle out their behinds to even get back up to Microsoft's market share. They managed not to lose much money recently, but in the consumer space, they are pretty much done for.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm very disappointed with their being no high end flagship of the full touch variety. Could at least have given a slider like the Torch!

The Classic is pretty nice. The Passport is so square I can't possibly fathom getting my hands around it comfortably.

I still want to see them in person anyways, even if just out of curiosity.

I agree they should of released a high end all touch screen device. But BlackBerry lives in the past because most people want all touch screen devices. But this is why BlackBerry is in the position they are in because they live in the past. I'm so glad I got rid of my Z10 and bought the Note 3. I will also purchase the Note 4 when it arrives

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Why?

My friends and I have upgraded their Note 3 to Kit Kat and our devices run alot smoother on Kit Kat. So I don't know why you had issues with Kit Kat. If you like the Q10 better thats what counts.

But to say the Q10 is more powerful then the Note 3 is completely false. I have used both and the Note 3 is alot more powerful and runs smoother then the Q10 and its not even close. The Note 3 is better in every way then any BlackBerry device currently available

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
No. Just, No. BlackBerry would have to pull a miracle out their behinds to even get back up to Microsoft's market share. They managed not to lose much money recently, but in the consumer space, they are pretty much done for.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Yes they have absolutely no chance to be relevant in the cusomer market. That time has passed a long time ago

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My friends and I have upgraded their Note 3 to Kit Kat and our devices run alot smoother on Kit Kat. So I don't know why you had issues with Kit Kat. If you like the Q10 better thats what counts.

But to say the Q10 is more powerful then the Note 3 is completely false. I have used both and the Note 3 is alot more powerful and runs smoother then the Q10 and its not even close. The Note 3 is better in every way then any BlackBerry device currently available

Having owned the Q10 too, I completely agree. Now how it runs to each individual, that's all about them. As for KitKat, I've got a ROM spin off so I haven't encountered any lag or problems myself. =]

I'm still pretty sad my Z10 didn't ever get back to 100% and I'm hoping they'll release another full touch that has a better display than the Z30.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Having owned the Q10 too, I completely agree. Now how it runs to each individual, that's all about them. As for KitKat, I've got a ROM spin off so I haven't encountered any lag or problems myself. =]

I'm still pretty sad my Z10 didn't ever get back to 100% and I'm hoping they'll release another full touch that has a better display than the Z30.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

I agree instead of releasing the Passport they should of released a high end full touch screen device. As far as comparing any BlackBerry 10 device to the Note 3 in performance is just comical. I have used all BB10 devices and the Note 3 out preforms all of them

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol, obviously I wasn't expecting people to agree with me here, but consider this:
I was recently on vacation, hiking and backpacking several national parks in Utah.
I wound up in places with very spotty connection.
There were other people there, all with iphones and Android phones.
When they couldn't get any connection, I could.
When they could, I did in half the time that they did.
When opening the browser to do a search, the Q10 was also faster.
So sure, there's that pesky app situation, and honestly that is the one reason why I would keep an android or Apple device on hand.
But seriously, it'll be a cold day in hell when I go back to using Apple or Android for phones, and again, being forced to upgrade against my wish is simply the last straw.

I am not saying that Blackberry will beat the other companies in the market.
But I am saying that there is a market for Blackberry and that it's not about to die off, especially if Blackberry keeps rolling out operating systems like the 10.

Oh and btw... It took me forever to write this post on my Note Pro because I keep getting auto corrected or the keyboard keeps making mistakes. That never happens with my Q10.
So yes, I really like my Note Pro, but when speed is of the essence, I use my Q10.

And yes, do disagree, but have no fear: whatever I have to say is not going to threaten your devices, no one will take them away from you, lol.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that attracts me to BB is their keyboard. For me it's by far the best keyboard I've ever used.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that attracts me to BB is their keyboard. For me it's by far the best keyboard I've ever used.

Yeah their physical keyboard is the best but the touch screen keyboard on my Note 3 is just as good if not better then it was on my Z10

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Lol, obviously I wasn't expecting people to agree with me here, but consider this:
I was recently on vacation, hiking and backpacking several national parks in Utah.
I wound up in places with very spotty connection.
There were other people there, all with iphones and Android phones.
When they couldn't get any connection, I could.
When they could, I did in half the time that they did.
When opening the browser to do a search, the Q10 was also faster.
So sure, there's that pesky app situation, and honestly that is the one reason why I would keep an android or Apple device on hand.
But seriously, it'll be a cold day in hell when I go back to using Apple or Android for phones, and again, being forced to upgrade against my wish is simply the last straw.

I am not saying that Blackberry will beat the other companies in the market.
But I am saying that there is a market for Blackberry and that it's not about to die off, especially if Blackberry keeps rolling out operating systems like the 10.

Oh and btw... It took me forever to write this post on my Note Pro because I keep getting auto corrected or the keyboard keeps making mistakes. That never happens with my Q10.
So yes, I really like my Note Pro, but when speed is of the essence, I use my Q10.

And yes, do disagree, but have no fear: whatever I have to say is not going to threaten your devices, no one will take them away from you, lol.

The most important thing when picking a device is what works best for you. One question I do have when you were on vacation in Utah did everyone have the same phone carrier? Because I always have great reception wherever I go even in the middle of nowhere

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree instead of releasing the Passport they should of released a high end full touch screen device. As far as comparing any BlackBerry 10 device to the Note 3 in performance is just comical. I have used all BB10 devices and the Note 3 out preforms all of them

One the main reasons people stay with BlackBerry is because of the QWERTY keyboards. I think the Passport is really innovative and I am excited to play with one. The Classic is just for all of the people that aren't letting go of their Bolds.

I really like that BlackBerry is going after the low end touchscreen market with a solid 5” device in the Z3 - most good budget Android and Windows phones have smaller screens.
However BlackBerry should have copied the Asus ZenPhone 5 and released the Z3 with a 720p screen instead of qHD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool