Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The most important thing when picking a device is what works best for you. One question I do have when you were on vacation in Utah did everyone have the same phone carrier? Because I always have great reception wherever I go even in the middle of nowhere

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

AT&T had the worst connection over there, some people were on Verizon and did connect but they took longer than I did. (I'm on Verizon, they were using Androids and iPhones) A couple had T-Mobile or Sprint and couldn't connect either. My guess is Verizon is bigger in that part of Utah, in fact every town had a Verizon store but I didn't see AT&T stores.

Like I said, I absolutely loved my Note 3... on Jellybean. I don't understand why it got so hammered by Kitkat, but it did, and the fact that the update was forced on me after I refused it every time I was prompted really ticked me off. I don't know which party is responsible for this, Google, Verizon or Samsung, but knowing that Blackberry doesn't force updates on their customers is a huge plus for me.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
AT&T had the worst connection over there, some people were on Verizon and did connect but they took longer than I did. (I'm on Verizon, they were using Androids and iPhones) A couple had T-Mobile or Sprint and couldn't connect either. My guess is Verizon is bigger in that part of Utah, in fact every town had a Verizon store but I didn't see AT&T stores.

Like I said, I absolutely loved my Note 3... on Jellybean. I don't understand why it got so hammered by Kitkat, but it did, and the fact that the update was forced on me after I refused it every time I was prompted really ticked me off. I don't know which party is responsible for this, Google, Verizon or Samsung, but knowing that Blackberry doesn't force updates on their customers is a huge plus for me.

Its a phone update, so of course it would be assumed, you would take it and not ignore it. People don't usually refuse phone updates especially when they bring enhancements to the device.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the Passport is for all the consumers who prefer a QWERTY keyboard, corporate people, business people, people who prefer typing on a physical keyboard,etc.

The Classic is for all those consumers who prefer the BlackBerry Tool Belt.

Personally, I think the Passport is extremely good looking and sexy. I don't find the Classic the same, though. I think it looks normal. Not ugly, but doesn't stand out.

If any android or iPhone users switch it's because of the above reasons. There may be other reasons as well. The resolution if the Passport it's way above and beyond, for example.

Posted via Android Central App

I would wonder deeply why exactly would an Android or iOS user would switch to either device.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
NSA can't hack into a blackberry as easy!

Yeah they can. BlackBerrys use their own private cellular network? No? Well, they are just as vulnerable as any other smartphone. Also BlackBerry 10 devices are only kind of more secure than other platforms is when they are connected to BES 10 which I doubt all of them are.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Its a phone update, so of course it would be assumed, you would take it and not ignore it. People don't usually refuse phone updates especially when they bring enhancements to the device.

I own the phone, I should be able to choose without being bossed around and tricked into it. (I woke up one morning to find the download in progress, I stopped it. I woke up the next morning to find Kitkat fully installed, there was nothing I could do. And their so called "enhancements" completely butchered my phone, the least they could do is offer me the possibility to undo the update and get back on Jellybean.)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I own the phone, I should be able to choose without being bossed around and tricked into it. (I woke up one morning to find the download in progress, I stopped it. I woke up the next morning to find Kitkat fully installed, there was nothing I could do. And their so called "enhancements" completely butchered my phone, the least they could do is offer me the possibility to undo the update and get back on Jellybean.)

How did they butcher the phone?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
How did they butcher the phone?

After noticing decreasing battery life and serious lag in sending emails, I did the post update full factory reset.
It didn't help, things kept getting from bad to worse.
I went into settings, looked at my battery usage and found out that Kitkat was using 60% of my battery.
It went worse. Eventually my battery went from 100% to 30% in less than 2 hours.
I could no longer email pics, which is something I rely on a lot for work.
Several apps no longer opened, new apps I had never installed suddenly installed themselves.
My music playlists all disappeared and went I rebuilt them, they didn't stick, they were gone within the day.
I did another factory reset, nothing changed.
At that point, even though I much preferred staying with Verizon off contract, I decided to take their offer and get a new Blackberry Q10 free with a 2 year contract.

I don't regret it.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
After noticing decreasing battery life and serious lag in sending emails, I did the post update full factory reset.
It didn't help, things kept getting from bad to worse.
I went into settings, looked at my battery usage and found out that Kitkat was using 60% of my battery.
It went worse. Eventually my battery went from 100% to 30% in less than 2 hours.
I could no longer email pics, which is something I rely on a lot for work.
Several apps no longer opened, new apps I had never installed suddenly installed themselves.
My music playlists all disappeared and went I rebuilt them, they didn't stick, they were gone within the day.
I did another factory reset, nothing changed.
At that point, even though I much preferred staying with Verizon off contract, I decided to take their offer and get a new Blackberry Q10 free with a 2 year contract.

I don't regret it.

Sounds bad, don't look like it but was all Googles fault.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Sounds bad, don't look like it but was all Googles fault.

I used to have similar issues with 3 Motorola Droids so I'm not sure the fault lies with Samsung but it's probably split on some level.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to have similar issues with 3 Motorola Droids so I'm not sure the fault lies with Samsung but it's probably split on some level.

Maybe you just have bad luck, I have a device from Motorola, Samsung and HTC, with little to no problems from any of them.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
My Z10 overheated and took itself out of my lineup. -_-

I had just bought it an extended battery. After I'd bought and sold my Q10/Z30 that happened. What luck!

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Why did you sell your Z30 and buy the Z10? Was the Z30 too big for you?

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Why did you sell your Z30 and buy the Z10? Was the Z30 too big for you?

Good question. My personal phone is a Z30, and my company phone is a Z10. I enjoy the large screen on the Z30 from a typing perspective. 5 to 5.2 is the perfect size for me.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've read a lot of ignorant comments here. I just got my first BlackBerry phone not too long ago, and having come from iPhone and Android since the the iPhone 2G, I can easily say BlackBerry 10 is the best out right now. Yes, it doesn't have all the apps, but it has most, and has virtually all the ones most users use. Yes, it doesn't have the world's most top specs right now but most users don't need so much specs and the specs the current phones do have are still very, very good, and specs don't mean anything, it's how the phones run, and they run very, very good. That's pretty much it, I think. Other than that, the efficiency on BlackBerry 10, convenience, ease, etc. is number role without a doubt.

That doesn't mean you have to prefer BlackBerry 10. Someone might like widgets (I know I do). Someone might like just basics like iPhone (I know I don't). But to say BlackBerry 19 is bad, garbage or anything one that is either ignorance or just corporate slave.

The hell is a corporate slave?

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I've read a lot of ignorant comments here. I just got my first BlackBerry phone not too long ago, and having come from iPhone and Android since the the iPhone 2G, I can easily say BlackBerry 10 is the best out right now. Yes, it doesn't have all the apps, but it has most, and has virtually all the ones most users use. Yes, it doesn't have the world's most top specs right now but most users don't need so much specs and the specs the current phones do have are still very, very good, and specs don't mean anything, it's how the phones run, and they run very, very good. That's pretty much it, I think. Other than that, the efficiency on BlackBerry 10, convenience, ease, etc. is number role without a doubt.

That doesn't mean you have to prefer BlackBerry 10. Someone might like widgets (I know I do). Someone might like just basics like iPhone (I know I don't). But to say BlackBerry 19 is bad, garbage or anything one that is either ignorance or just corporate slave.

Yes its all about personal preference and what works better for you. I had a Z10 for a year and sold it to get a Note 3. I personally prefer Android over BB 10.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
There is also the possibility that some people find desirable features in several platforms and do not wish to be tied down to just one:

I love my Q10. As I said before I find it way more reliable than my now defunct Note 3, I love the size (hey, I get to look respectable in my reading glasses, lol) and I love the keyboard.
That said, because I will not pollute my Q10 by side loading Android apps, I am missing a few on my phone.

But I have my Galaxy Note Pro tablet.
No, it's not perfect, it lags a lot and the keyboard keeps hiccuping on me, but I love the display, the 4 way split screen is to die for and it does everything I need for work and play.
And I get the apps.

Then off course there is my iPod Touch.
It's a 5th generation, I bought it last year because I like a playlist when I teach yoga and most studios in my area are sound equipped for Apple products.
Amazingly enough, it has survived IOS7 so it works fine and I can hook it up to my Q10 or Note Pro hotspots if I need to.

This means I get the best of 3 platform and don't have to care too much about what I'm not too crazy about.
Because of the Blackberry Hub, I get all my emails from all my accounts in one shots, even with my iCloud address, without having all my eggs in one basket.

Will I ever go back to an Android phone? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. I find it too unstable and again, being forced to update a device that I bought out right and own is unacceptable to my Libertarian tendencies, lol.
Will I ever go back to an iPhone? Well, at least they don't force you to upgrade though if you do, unlike BB, you cannot go back. Apple would have to pull a small miracle for me to use their phones again, but I find this more possible than with Android.

I just like my Q10.
I remember when I had to give up my old BB I was so bummed, and now with the BB10 OS I'm really having fun.

But I do think there are pluses and minuses in all platforms.
Apple is too limited and strict but whatever they have that works is reliable. (except for IOS7, lol)
Android is the equivalent of being a kid in a candy store... complete with the sugar rushing freak out on the updates.
BB is solid all around but it lacks the apps.

I see no reason not to use all of them and switch at will when I need features that are stronger in either of them.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that they're solid devices. I'm not fond of the classic but the other two look to be of that premium build that, in my opinion, only Apple, Nokia and RIM have met. I would like to see Android get one of the really solid OEMs or for Google to create their own phone for this reason.
well at least you said your opinion. my xperia's premium build begs to differ though

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm so glad we have someone inside that organization who knows what their highly classified capabilities are!

Beyond the software capabilities, "can the NSA hack into BB or not", there is simply the question of ethics.
Blackberry simply did not open their legs to the NSA and shout "come and get it" like Android, Apple and Microsoft did.
I know most here don't care about that, but personally I do and I'm betting that a fairly large number of BB users feel the same way.
Can the NSA hack into Blackberry? Probably.
But they don't volunteer to have their clients records exposed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol