Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You're kidding me on the battery right? My Pearl 8130 would go for almost 3 days on a single charge, lol. Much more than any other smartphone. My Curve went almost 3 days so I think your battery arguement is flawed. Just because a bigger battery is in a phone doesn't mean that it will last longer. The passport with quad core is very unnecessary.

So comparing devices from years ago to smartphone is reasonable. As things get more advanced of course they have worse battery life, thing shave gotten better recently though.

Let's be current please, the Z10 has average battery life or worse, the Q10 manages to squeeze a day or more because if the smaller screen and the Z30 has a large battery.

Quadcore devices are the future, they increase a phones overall speed no matter the platform. You would seriously look down upon an increase in speed?

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So comparing devices from years ago to smartphone is reasonable. As things get more advanced of course they have worse battery life, thing shave gotten better recently though.

Let's be current please, the Z10 has average battery life or worse, the Q10 manages to squeeze a day or more because if the smaller screen and the Z30 has a large battery.

Quadcore devices are the future, they increase a phones overall speed no matter the platform. You would seriously look down upon an increase in speed?

Quad core does not increase the speed. It increases the amount of different things you can do at once. Yes I will look down at a quad core in a phone....I see no need for it. A phone, to me, is not a gaming platform or the lack thereof. A dual core phone is enough to handle everything as long as you have the RAM to back it. Lets not put more RAM into the phone but more cores, yes brilliant. No, put more RAM in a dul core phone and it runs faster and smoother. Provided the graphics card is good, lol. Lets ponder on this a moment. My Droid Razr M ok.......Dual Core, only 1.5 RAM.....runs like a champ, no lag at all, does everything I throw at it. My brother in laws HTC M8.......we all know the specs........side by side comp and really no difference except when doing heavy multi tasking and thats due to him having more RAM cause here is why........He may have quad core vs my dual core but we ran the same amount of things at once. His was alot smoother because he has more RAM which allows him to switch faster. If my Razr M had lets say 2GB RAM then it would have been a very close tie. As far as BB goes, I gave my thoughts and view.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Quad core does not increase the speed. It increases the amount of different things you can do at once. Yes I will look down at a quad core in a phone....I see no need for it. A phone, to me, is not a gaming platform or the lack thereof. A dual core phone is enough to handle everything as long as you have the RAM to back it. Lets not put more RAM into the phone but more cores, yes brilliant. No, put more RAM in a dul core phone and it runs faster and smoother. Provided the graphics card is good, lol. Lets ponder on this a moment. My Droid Razr M ok.......Dual Core, only 1.5 RAM.....runs like a champ, no lag at all, does everything I throw at it. My brother in laws HTC M8.......we all know the specs........side by side comp and really no difference except when doing heavy multi tasking and thats due to him having more RAM cause here is why........He may have quad core vs my dual core but we ran the same amount of things at once. His was alot smoother because he has more RAM which allows him to switch faster. If my Razr M had lets say 2GB RAM then it would have been a very close tie. As far as BB goes, I gave my thoughts and view.

Quadcore processors not only have an increase in speed it also does handle web browsing a lot better. RAM is only for multitasking, so of course more RAM means you can do more at once. I have RAZR M and a better processor and more RAM is what it needed and it got that with Droid Mini successor.

I have no clue how you can be narrow minded about specs, but that's your views, and everyone is allowed an opinion but that does not mean it is right.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would make a Z50 that isn't as heavy or as big as the Z30. Give it a quad core, higher PPI, 3GB RAM, add in Miracast and FM radio. I'd jump on board!

I'm not really sure how I feel about the two they are parading now. The classic looks nice, the passport kind of weird...

Don't know what I'll do when the time comes. Truth be told I might not do much of anything.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what I'll do when the time comes. Truth be told I might not do much of anything.

That is how I feel about smartphone now, I want a WP, but I am scared of losing Google Services, and Android devices are getting too large for me to use comfortably, so I am stuck for now, I may just switch to WP just because I want to try it.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I really wish they would make a Z50 that isn't as heavy or as big as the Z30. Give it a quad core, higher PPI, 3GB RAM, add in Miracast and FM radio. I'd jump on board!

I'm not really sure how I feel about the two they are parading now. The classic looks nice, the passport kind of weird...

Buy the Note 4 as it will probably be the best device coming out this year

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You're kidding me on the battery right? My Pearl 8130 would go for almost 3 days on a single charge, lol. Much more than any other smartphone. My Curve went almost 3 days so I think your battery arguement is flawed. Just because a bigger battery is in a phone doesn't mean that it will last longer. The passport with quad core is very unnecessary.

The Pearl? With its tiny screen? That's no comparison to today's smart phones.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I watched a YouTube of a Z30 vs Galaxy 3. Galaxy 3 was generally faster at loading up Android apps over the Z30 10.2.0. However, the difference was sometimes only half to 1.5 second difference. The question I have is; does a dual core CPU/quad core GPU of the Z30 really hinder it against a quad core CPU?

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The question I have is; does a dual core CPU/quad core GPU of the Z30 really hinder it against a quad core CPU?

Yes, a more powerful CPU really does increase speed on smartphones.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, a more powerful CPU really does increase speed on smartphones.

If it's a difference of 1 second in the case of that YouTube video I don't see me rushing out to get a new phone anytime soon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Those 3 phones in the OP don't make me want to go back to Blackberry device.That's just my take on that. :)

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes, on your pearl 3 what did you do though? I mean, were you doing heavy gaming, constant videos and browsing, etc? No, that's not what the phone was for. You use it for a few menial tasks, most of which a dumbphone could accomplish. A one gallon bottle of lake water is going to last me a lot longer than three hours of spring water because I have no desire to drink the lake water.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If it's a difference of 1 second in the case of that YouTube video I don't see me rushing out to get a new phone anytime soon.

That's your choice, but there is a noticeable difference.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry is a solid device. You see them more in the business world than anything and I believe the reason why we all have Android phones is because it's a trend right now. Everyone has one so everyone keeps one. No one wants to fall out of line. I remember this same trend with BB a while ago. I had BB Pearl 8130, Original Curve and the next 2 that came out after and then the BB Bold. I liked the Bold the best. At that time everyone was making the switch to Android. I actually had no problem with BB. Simple phone, easy to use yet more options than an iPhone. If I could I would get my Bold back and run it again.

My opinion is this. You go with the phone that suits your needs and not the needs of others. Don't follow someone because they may get mad at you for your likes.

I agree with most you said but I think the lack of apps and poor marketing has led people to other platforms. But I dont see BlackBerry ever being revelant in the cusomer market again and with iphone and Android starting to hit the enterprise market it doesn't look good for BlackBerry at all. With the likes of the Note 4 and iPhone 6 coming out this fall the new BlackBerry devices will just get swept under the rug like their previous devices have.

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, I'm actually impressed with the upcoming Passport device. Not for my use I mean, but for the audience it's targeted for. If I were looking for a purely business device, I would totally get this over a conventional phone aspect ratio device because that screen and keyboard will handle large documents much more easily than even a phablet. Of course an actual tablet would be even bigger but if you're really looking for something best for handling work and large documents and want something more pocketable with an actual keyboard, this fits that bill quite nicely. It's totally a niche device but I think they made a pretty clever product for that niche.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, I'm actually impressed with the upcoming Passport device. Not for my use I mean, but for the audience it's targeted for. If I were looking for a purely business device, I would totally get this over a conventional phone aspect ratio device because that screen and keyboard will handle large documents much more easily than even a phablet. Of course an actual tablet would be even bigger but if you're really looking for something best for handling work and large documents and want something more pocketable with an actual keyboard, this fits that bill quite nicely. It's totally a niche device but I think they made a pretty clever product for that niche.

I can't say either way because I have not held or used one but it does seem a very niche produce. The Note series has been out for a few years now. Whether certain industries will want to switch to BlackBerry is yet to be seen.

A risky but bold move.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Even tho I'm really happy with android, I still feel nostalgia for bb. I will look at these when they come out, if I'm still alive. Takes bb forever to come to market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca