After 3-4 months, if you had a second chance would you still buy your current phone?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Like pocketnow's "After the Buzz" after all the excitement has faded would you still buy the phone you are using today?

Just thinking back the last three months I has the top 3 flagships. hTc One M8, Sony XPERIA Z2 and my Samsung Galaxy S5.

Having exchanged the M8 for the S5 and selling the Z2 I would definitely go with the S5 today.

It has everything I want. Wireless charging, waterproof, great & replaceable battery. The UI may not be the polished but it certainly has the most useful features.

Pro S5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For me, the M8 would be a definite yes. But I have been happy with most of my smartphone purchases. The one that is my favorite is the Moto X.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Like pocketnow's "After the Buzz" after all the excitement has faded would you still buy the phone you are using today?
Already did...I destroyed my nexus 5 in the ocean about 2 or 3 months after I got it...bought a second one retail. Would probably do so again.

There is nothing out right now that I'd rather have. The G3 comes closest, but I don't want to give up nexus level support. The OnePlus might have tempted me too, but too many unknowns with that phone still.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep, still love my Moto G after 6 months.

Supposedly where I live in the UK LTE will be coming at some point this year and will probably just buy that version instead.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my galaxy s4 active. I can upgrade at the end of Summer so I don't know what I'll get then, but I still love this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Z2 absolutely in my opinion its one of few focused devices out there.

You can have your fingerprint readers that don't work and or frustrating to work (S5) lol and heartrate monitors that bands and other tech is a more logical option than to have it placed on a phone.

The S5 does have great features other than the above mentioned.

But for me the Z2 and Oppo, and one +1 and Htc with the M8 and of course the Z2 offer a more refined and thought out product.

So to sum up yes I would still purchase the Z2 and wouldn't opt for anything else .

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Defintely, unless the Note 3 was offered for 100 bucks+50 dollar BB gift card, which was the deal I got when I got my Note 2, which I love.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I've been using a Moto X since day one of availability on Verizon last summer. There's still no other phone out there that I'd rather have.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
After four months, no, but I wouldn't mind upgrading my Nexus 4 to a Nexus 5. Unless it breaks, though, at this point I'll probably just wait for the next Nexus.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't give up on the Nexus line.
My Nexus is my baby!!

But the G3 looks to be the only thing I might change for..

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I've has my M8 a bit over a month now, and I wouldn't change a thing purchase wise.

jamespark7

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I currently use Galaxy Note 2 right now and I don't have any problems with it, but I think I'm going to wait for the Note 4 that's coming out this fall. Or the LG G3. LG G3 sounds so cool that it has all the buttons on back of the device instead on the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae