Finally found a better player than PowerAMP

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tudio.AnotherMusicPlayer&hl=en&token=9hf27RJj

Free and paid versions. The paid version ($4) adds EQ and a bunch of audio options.

I love the HOLO interface. Poweramp has always seemed a little cluttered to me. This player also has tons of options but they are a lot easier to get to. I also like that it consolidates actions...I can tell it to auto-shuffle-and-play a genre as soon as I click on it. These things usually involve more actions in Poweramp, and sometimes scrolling as well.

I love the overrides it has. Playlists can be easily imported/exported, ID3 tags overidden (or even the reverse...you can force their use). You can edit ID3 tags from the app. Poweramp does most of this as well but it is a pain to figure out how. It's not always obvious.

Finally, this player also doubles as a video player, with a very intuitive and minimalist UI.

I've been a dedicated PowerAMP user for years but this app finally drew me away.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
+1, Jeff.

Poweramp is fabulous for the features and options it has but I never liked the interface. 'Cluttered' is a good description. The developers have done a nice job on Rocket Player and earned my money. I'm actually a little nervous they are going to change the simplicity of the UI in an effort to add more features. Maybe I should switch autoupdates off. Maybe I should take a chill pill....