Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
How are these phones ? I.E spec wise, durability customer service etc. Searched around, found a couple reviews but nothing that says much. Any feedback would be appreciated, I'm looking to buy one for a secondary device.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

fatclue_98

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Specs don't mean much since the MediaTek CPUs don't benchmark very well. Having said that, I can tell you based on personal experience that the Studio and Life series are very good performers. My wife has a Studio II S 5.0 which she absolutely loves (Quad-core w/ 1GB RAM) and I use the Life View Tablet which is a very large phablet. Correction, it's a full 8" tablet that has full telephony built in. There are some models with the 480x800 resolution screens that aren't very good and the 5MP cameras are garbage. Both of my units have the 8MP cameras and they're quite good.

The one thing that makes these phones seem snappier than their lowly specs suggest is that they run vanilla Android with zero bloatware. Cases are hard to find but they're starting to become available. I think some of the reviews out there are for some of the older models which had garbage digitizers and charging ports good for only 3 charge cycles before falling off. If you can see and feel one at a brick and mortar like Best Buy or Tiger Direct you'll be surprised how well they function. Just be sure you're looking at a newer model, I can't stress that enough. Stay away from the Dash, Advance and the Neo series, they're 512MB disposables. I hope I've been able to help and good luck.

SubmarinerOne

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the new Pure Life XL for a week now, and am very impressed. It's got a huge screen, 32 gb internal storage, 3 gb RAM, 16 mp back (main) camera, 8 mp front camera, fm radio, runs Andriod 4.2.2 Jellybean (waiting for the company's release of 4.4 Kitkat), has bluetooth, NFC, micro usb port (for charging and connecting w/PC), and has a nice gestures setting. It's not LTE, but has 3g HSPA, which makes it almost as good as 4g LTE. One of the things that definitely worked in favor of my decision to buy it is that all Blu phones come factory unlocked (they are not tied to carriers), and another thing was its cost (it sells in Amazon at less than $380). So far, I'm still on a learning curve using it as my daily driver, as I'm new to Android (coming from BlackBerry), although I'm very pleased by my (still short lived) experience with the Pure Life XL.

Posted via the Android Central App

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the blu life 8 octa core for over a month and its been extremly good especially for the price you get a fast reliable phone

yodamiked

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a BLU product. I purchased a BLU Life Play and after a number of months experience two separate issues with the phone: a bright white spot on the screen and a broken charging port. I contacted the service department (through email because it is impossible to get through on the phone) and after about a week of exchanging emails back and forth, was given an RMA code. Although the company claims a quick turnaround, I was without a phone for about a month. In the end, rather than fixing the phone or replacing it with a new unit, BLU sent me a (broken) refurbished replacement.
The refurbished replacement phone when received not only had the same issue of bright white spots on the LCD, but the camera is also nonfunctional. When I contacted BLU about this, it was another week before I received a reply email. The company has informed me that I must now send THIS phone in under warranty. I requested a replacement of a new-in-box item because after this experience I do not trust their refurbishment process, but they are unwilling to help, other than quote their warranty provision (which is not readily available). For a small company who depends so heavily on word of mouth, they have demonstrated some of the worst customer support I have encountered. Their emails avoid answering the questions I ask and are beyond slow in response. I have now been without a working phone for almost two months. Low quality products and terrible customer support.
Stay away from BLU!

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a BLU product. I purchased a BLU Life Play and after a number of months experience two separate issues with the phone: a bright white spot on the screen and a broken charging port. I contacted the service department (through email because it is impossible to get through on the phone) and after about a week of exchanging emails back and forth, was given an RMA code. Although the company claims a quick turnaround, I was without a phone for about a month. In the end, rather than fixing the phone or replacing it with a new unit, BLU sent me a (broken) refurbished replacement.
The refurbished replacement phone when received not only had the same issue of bright white spots on the LCD, but the camera is also nonfunctional. When I contacted BLU about this, it was another week before I received a reply email. The company has informed me that I must now send THIS phone in under warranty. I requested a replacement of a new-in-box item because after this experience I do not trust their refurbishment process, but they are unwilling to help, other than quote their warranty provision (which is not readily available). For a small company who depends so heavily on word of mouth, they have demonstrated some of the worst customer support I have encountered. Their emails avoid answering the questions I ask and are beyond slow in response. I have now been without a working phone for almost two months. Low quality products and terrible customer support.
Stay away from BLU!
I disagree with because i was doing a massive research about blu phones and it turns out that the first blu studio 5.0 and play had the same issues because of a hardware problem that some people had but they started using ne arm 7 processor and it got fixed thats why they made the blu studui 5.0ll and the play 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc