SwiftKey questions.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I love SwiftKey magic correction, but there are times when I am trying to type in something like Lcds with capital LCD and as you can see I can't because all three suggestions are wrong so how do I tell it don't correct that, bad dog bad dog.

Also I use two languages but I do not generally mix them. Basically, English is primary and I only use my mother tongue when emailing my mother. Yet sometimes it gives me suggestions for both language at once even though I have English set (shows on space bar)

Lastly can I remove the emoticon key. I never use it.

Thanks in advance

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I love SwiftKey magic correction, but there are times when I am trying to type in something like Lcds with capital LCD and as you can see I can't because all three suggestions are wrong so how do I tell it don't correct that, bad dog bad dog.

Also I use two languages but I do not generally mix them. Basically, English is primary and I only use my mother tongue when emailing my mother. Yet sometimes it gives me suggestions for both language at once even though I have English set (shows on space bar)

Lastly can I remove the emoticon key. I never use it.

Thanks in advance

1. Usually the word you type comes top left. If not, after writing the prediction press delete just once and your original word will come back. After that you can add it tapping it, a menu will pop up. Add to dictionary.*
2. I use SwiftKey for three languages and it doesn't change the dictionary. The space bar just switch the type of keyboard. After a while it learns your way of writing. Just keep using it and paying attention to the prediction row.
3. Go to settings > layout > click enter key.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That was a quick reply while waiting and, boy, what a mess. 😀

The best way to add a word in your dictionary is:
Don't use flow. Tap letter by letter and your word will be written as expected.
SwiftKey will underlined it in red. Tap on it and a menu will pop up. Select add to dictionary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463