pictures are broken!

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I download my photos to my computer most are fine. Some appear as broken. What can I do to fix those.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have, and how are you transferring the photos to your computer?

Also, are you sure the photos are broken on your computer? I sometimes see photo thumbnails look broken on my computer, but when I double click the thumbnail, the photo actually opens correctly.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm on a note 2, and I use the USB cable to import my photos to the desktop. After closer inspection, they are png files (1x1, 86mb)? What are those? They show a super small image on thumbnails. When I open them I just have a blank (white ) screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the Import Photo function in Windows Explorer? I tend not to use that function, because it copies over all images, including thumbnails that might have been cached in your device from your browsing, or from other apps. I would just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the photos you want to copy or move to the computer. Can you do that?

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I will try that when I get home. But yeah, I use the importer function. So that just grabs any image on my phone basically?