What do you think is the best phone to get?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I've tried and returned my G3 due to performance and battery reasons, so now I need to decide which is going to be the phone I should get. I value battery life, performance, good software, and good update support. Camera isn't super important to me. I just need something that can take photos decently for things like night time stuff when out with friends, things for reminder purposes, and things like that.

I think the front runners are the M8, new Moto x, or the S5. I don't really want a galaxy note for the size I think. I know a lot of people really like the G3, but it didn't really perform well in things like games and GPU intensive stuff. I blame the 2K screen.

What do you guys think? I wanted to try something different than iOS, so I'm trying to find the right android phone for me.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're hardcore gaming, you don't really need the performance of a flagship device. The Moto X is almost certainly going to be nice, but give the Moto G a serious look, too. You might decide you can save $300.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If I were getting a new phone right now, the only phone I'd get is the new Moto X. I might consider a Motorola Nexus, but we don't really know anything about it right now. Really, though, I'm so satisfied with my current Moto X that I don't feel a need to upgrade.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Unless you're hardcore gaming, you don't really need the performance of a flagship device. The Moto X is almost certainly going to be nice, but give the Moto G a serious look, too. You might decide you can save $300.

Well, I play enough top tier games where that performance would be appreciated.

The thing is slit of people seem to think the G3 is like the best phone right now , but I've actually bought a returned it twice already. The first time I used it for 2 days and didn't like the performance and the heat it was giving off, so I returned it. I then got it again thinking I didn't give it enough use time to really test it and thought I could fix the issues, but I still got the same issues so I returned it again. But in my head it seems like the best all rounder, but I can't really buy it again a third time, could I? I just think the screen puts too much tax on the 801 processor. But I can't think of another phone that has the all rounder appeal the g3 does, at least on paper.

nbtthief

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
i myself waiting for Xperia E3, it's Sony's cheap phone with cool design inherit from Z3. It looks great, especially with the copper color, the performance is ok, IMHO.

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I wonder what kind of battery life the Moto X will offer? I would love the black leather Moto X myself assuming battery life was sufficient.
As far as the Moto G, it is my current smartphone and it does not offer anywhere near great battery life unless you are a light user. When I watch 30 minutes of youtube, 30 minutes of gps, push notifications for gmail enabled and maybe 30 minutes of gaming I can never get through a full day. But I do love it anyway.
16gb Moto G
25% brightness no auto
almost always 3-4 bars signal.

vedantp

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I feel one plus one is the best both in terms of the specs and the software. Cyanogenmod will be updating their device much quicker than any other oems. Obviously after Google but that's alright. Can't wait for it to come to retail though. It's a pain, the whole invite system isn't it.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If you want fast updates, definitely go with the Moto X or the Nexus 5. Good phones, good prices.
Those two phones will also have good performance as they are vanilla android. This makes them a lot smoother than say touchwiz (samsung)
That's not to say you can't get one of their phones. The note 4 looks amazing and the 805 processor can handle the 2k screen way better than the G3 (actually, it's not as wide as the GS5 with a case on it, it's just a bit taller)
The GS5 is a great phone (that's what I'm using) but don't expect quick updates or a smooth experience.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For performance, software, and fast updates, the Nexus 5 and the Moto X are the best. I think you already bought a Nexus 5, based on a previous post of yours, so maybe the new Moto X would be good.

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
For performance, software, and gas updates, the Nexus 5 and the Moto X are the best. I think you already bought a Nexus 5, based on a previous post of yours, so maybe the new Moto X would be good.

I'm skeptical that the 2300 mah battery will be enough now that it has a 1080p screen though.

Jer bear2011

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Get the G3 but go for the 3gb on this time instead of the 2gb. Has no lag and runs games perfectly fine no over heating at all. It's what I got have had mine for a month

Talpatalk'n from my VS985 4G

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I change my mind every day on where to go from my Nexus4. Now considering G3, M8, either MotoX, or the next Nexus. Interestingly I think the year+ old G2 is still the best combo of screen & phone size (and battery) for me. Someone please feel free to make something like that without the shiny plastic & a few color options. Please? Thanks.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm skeptical that the 2300 mah battery will be enough now that it has a 1080p screen though.

LG G2, perhaps...? I'm doing well with my Nexus 5 and 2300 mah battery. I've actually managed to go 2 days and charged at the end of day 2. It depends on your needs, though. I'm able to charge my phone every day, so having a huge battery is not my primary concern.

The LG G2 or G3 might be good for you. Or the new Sony Z3, or the Z2.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I change my mind every day on where to go from my Nexus4. Now considering G3, M8, either MotoX, or the next Nexus. Interestingly I think the year+ old G2 is still the best combo of screen & phone size (and battery) for me. Someone please feel free to make something like that without the shiny plastic & a few color options. Please? Thanks.
Get a G2 and slap on a wrap.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
*sigh* I'm probably gonna end up getting tge G3 yet again for a third time. I think I was panicking because I knew newer phone would be announced soon and I think I used tge performance issues as a reason to return the phone . But honestly, games didn't seem to perform bad in it. I let those bad benchmark scores on tge G3 cloud my judgement I think.but now that the bee android phones were reveled , I still think the G3 is the better all rounder. I nay wait to see what apple shows, but I'm thinking of not being so heavily relied on apple .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance