I installed the android version of Nokia app store and then tried to download
    HERE maps (Nokia Maps) and installed and when i try to run it then it closes
    and return to the phone. The second time a tried to run it, the logo screen appears and then freezes. The version is 1.3.0.478. I can't find this version
    anywhere else. I only downloaded the version 1.0 but a lot of features are missing. Do you have a link of the 1.3.0.478 version or know how to fix the
    crashing of this app?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone. Is it my phone compatible?
    09-07-2014 09:33 PM
    Apparently it's not. Did you read all the pertaining info about the app?
    09-07-2014 11:24 PM
    It might not be compatible yet. This article says Nokia/Microsoft wants to get it to "more" Android devices in late 2014: Nokia could expand HERE maps to more Android devices by end of 2014 | Android Central
    09-07-2014 11:27 PM
    The article linked never mentions Microsoft and they have nothing to do with Here maps.

The portion of Nokia that Microsoft purchased relates to hardware and associated patents, plus the distribution network for the hardware.

Here maps remains the sole property of Nokia. Microsoft has its own in-house mapping with Bing Maps. Nokia has patiently spent decades building it's mapping division and is now looking to monetize it across multiple platforms...

It's a misconception that Microsoft purchased Nokia entire; they still remain a software entity in their own right.
    09-08-2014 08:39 AM
    Thanks for the info! My mistake. The basic premise remains--Nokia said they're trying to increase the number of compatible devices later this year.

Posted via Android Central App
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2014 11:26 AM
    There's a lot of people over at WPC who don't like seeing Here and other Nokia software proliferating to different ecosystems. I say more power to them.

If you want to test out a nicely functional version of Here try the Modern UI app for Windows 8/8.1. I think it's pretty great and am using it for advance planning on an upcoming trip. Beauty part for me is that all the stuff I "favorite" or add to my collections on desktop syncs with my Here on my phone. But still... for those who are Here curious, check 'er out:

HERE Maps app for Windows in the Windows Store
    09-08-2014 04:10 PM
    There's a lot of people over at WPC who don't like seeing Here and other Nokia software proliferating to different ecosystems
    Interesting--why would that be? I would've thought that if Windows Phone proponents wanted to increase its popularity and market share, it'd be best to increase the exposure of apps that are available to them.
    09-08-2014 05:26 PM
    There is a certain camp that feels Nokia's sale of hardware was a sell-out and they want Lumia exclusives to continue.

They feel that Apps going into other Stores may get preferential treatment over WP versions due to a larger number of downloads.

Or

Just the usual us vs them stuff. Look at the ongoing controversy over Google Apps being available outside Android; i.e. Google Maps on iPhone.
    09-08-2014 07:41 PM
    I see. I've always looked at the whole "Google apps look better on iOS than on Android" as more of a way of (a) getting more revenue, and (b) enticing more iPhone users over to the Android side.
    09-08-2014 08:29 PM