Obligatory Video Link:

What do you guys think? Do you think a review such as his is fair or should he be nailed on a wall with pitchforks poking him like every Windows community is doing? I think this should be addressed as many claim he was biased from the start. But I can argue logically with this, his sentiments echo any normal mass consumer would think.

Why does someone have to pay for YouTube when it is free on other platforms?

Why is Instagram a beta app after being on WP since fall of 2013?

Why are many popular apps and games not available?

Why do users have to miss out on a lot of third party smart accessories and services such as DropCam, Nest, and Philips Hue?

Why doesn't my Pebble work with WP like Android or iOS?

Why do I have such few choices in compatible smartwatches?

I honestly think he had valid complaints and brings up some issues I think need to be addressed.
    09-08-2014 08:41 PM
    His video imo was spot on.
    A895 likes this.
    09-08-2014 10:08 PM
    His video imo was spot on.
    I agree. That's why I think all the outrage against him is unwarranted. He is speaking realistically and that is what is causing fans outrage. People hate brutal honesty.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2014 10:46 PM
    What I usually tell people is that WP is an awesome platform, but people who like having apps should probably stay away from it. It's not Microsoft's fault that third parties don't want to put effort into supporting its OS, but it's a reality that does need to be taken into account when making a purchasing decision.
    A895 likes this.
    09-09-2014 12:31 AM
    I like the OS. I can't however get by with the missing apps or lack of support by peripherals. Same old story. I'm much more tired of the WP fanclub making excuses for the lack of support than I am of reviewers like him. I've read a couple WP fan posts so far here on AC recently and the writers appear to have gone to the effort of writing thousands of words attempting to debate WP is better.

Sadly, and much to their chagrin at so much effort being so easily dismissed, I only have to type 3 words as my response. Those 3 words also happen to be what irks the WP fan base the most but still sums up the situation nevertheless:

Not enough apps.
    A895 likes this.
    09-09-2014 03:13 PM