Sell my Galaxy S5 for Nexus 6?

freekid2001

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Rumoured specs

5.3-inch or 6.3-inch 2K display resolution, a 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 with an Adreno 420 GPU, and has a 13 mega-pixel rear camera and a 2.1 mega-pixel front camera, and run on Google Android Lemon Meringue Pie 5.0.

Verizon and Sprint will carry the phone in the United States, and Best Buy should be retailing it for $499.99.

The Nexus 6 could be unveiled at a secret Google launch event on or around the Halloween period in 2014, which means that the phone could be launched in October or November.

Nexus-6.jpg

Looks really sexy and I'm really excited for Android L.

If I sell my GS5 now I could probably get about $500-550 for it, I just wonder if it's a good idea.

What do you guys think, appreciate any input if course.

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Rumoured specs

View attachment 135948

Looks really sexy and I'm really excited for Android L.

If I sell my GS5 now I could probably get about $500-550 for it, I just wonder if it's a good idea.

What do you guys think, appreciate any input if course.

I would take the above info with a pinch of salt. The Nexus 6 won't be running the Snapdragon 805 processor, as it will have to accommodate 64-bit for Android L. However in answer to your question, I would hold off on selling the GS5 - no price has been confirmed for the Nexus 6 and I doubt it would be priced at 500 dollars.

freekid2001

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I would take the above info with a pinch of salt. The Nexus 6 won't be running the Snapdragon 805 processor, as it will have to accommodate 64-bit for Android L. However in answer to your question, I would hold off on selling the GS5 - no price has been confirmed for the Nexus 6 and I doubt it would be priced at 500 dollars.

Thanks for the input. I honestly don't mind coughing up a few more bucks on top of the GS5. GS5 is a great phone and all but it stutters from time to time and it doesn't have that premium feel (which I didn't mind at first).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Whatever it is, it most likely won't hit the shelves until around Halloween.... but the leaks haven't really started yet, so there's little concrete info to go on.... screen size? Well, depends on who you ask. Processor? Most likely the 805, but who knows.... Price? ????

WILL there be a new Nexus? Yep..... But that's about all we know at this point. It's a bit of a gamble. Besides, that S5 will hold on to its value fairly well, I wouldn't jump the gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz