In the market for "new" Tablet

VictorSage

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Back-story: College student. I do have a part-time job. I was saving up to get my second surge protector since there weren't enough outlets. I was 2 days away for buying a surge protector to host my tablet and electric razor... and then a storm hit overnight.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is now a brick.
Not a big loss, since I had set up dropbox and skydrive to autoupload.
Anyways- I am looking to buy. My parents are on the fence about helping me out- so my budget is either middle (250-ish?) to .... maybe about 500-550 (I really don't know how much help I'll get).
*****What am I looking for?****
-Great Case Support (i.e a case with built in keyboard like the one I had with the Galaxy)
-Rom support ( I have tasted the glory that is rooting and I love it)
- SD card support
***What I plan to do with my tablet***
- A.I.D.E- I do "develop" in my spare time. I have almost moved off my laptop onto my tablet for all Android/Java and HTML coding.
- Remote Desktop
- Penetration Testing- on my own network. The Galaxy Tab was able to handle it.. I don't think I am too worried.
- Set it up as a Server: This is for future use. but I have been skimming the surface and was hoping to test out different protocols. (Servers Ultimate Pro: by Ice Cold Apps
****Could you at least....****
Point me in the right direction to find the best deals. Newegg, Woot, Amazon... Any other site?
There was also a Chrome plug-in that works with newegg that price compared NewEgg, Amazon, and a third site whose-name-escapes-me together and even gave price history. Any other resources like that?
Please and thank you.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I loved my Nexus 7. I upgraded to an iPad Mini just for something different and the slight increase in screen size. I prefer it over the Nexus, but the iPad doesn't meet all your qualifications. I think the Nexus would suit you just fine, and would come in under your budget which is a plus.