Big difference between Android Central and iMore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The is a big difference between Android Central and it's sister sight iMore. People are free on Android Central to post Pro-Apple threads and even saying they are leaving Android. On iMore those threads would be attacked by even the board Mods for not kowtowing at the feet of the Apple.

Just went over to iMore to see if anyone thought that Apple Watch looked as hideous as I do from the screen shots. BTW, I don't own a Smart-watch and don't see a need for one. However as far as Style and Looks I think that Apple watch is pure ugly. First thread I saw in the Apple Watch forum was some guy that ask What Happen to all unique features Apple delayed this watch for since there wasn't anything special over a basic Android watch was doing. Next thing even the Mods were pretending he was a Android troll. You can't do anything on iMore but worship at the feet of the great Apple God. BTW, I haven't posted on iMore since I got rid of my last Apple devices.

I want to thank the Mods here on Android Central for letting Apple be talked about on these boards without being demonize as a Heretic. I like technology but it has to look like it is jewelry if you are going to buy a smart-watch.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the concern and compliments. We do our best to stay " real " and in touch with the community here at AC. We realize not everyone shares the same thoughts and ideas and even one day may leave Android for a different platform. We always try to welcome those from all platforms here at AC without being biased or strong handing them to " stay on topic/android ".

- Paul

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The is a big difference between Android Central and it's sister sight iMore. People are free on Android Central to post Pro-Apple threads and even saying they are leaving Android. On iMore those threads would be attacked by even the board Mods for not kowtowing at the feet of the Apple.
Thats normal on most Apple forums. Actually, I have never seen an exception. It's just something you have to accept if you are going to post on there. It's not just iMore...they are all like that from what I have seen. If anyone has seen an exception, feel free to post a link here.

Apple people do not like to see Apple criticized.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought the iwatch looked awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App

This is the one Tim Cook had on. I don't know how anyone can pay $350 for that look unless it was 15 years old girl with rich parents. The home screen display for Apps is cartoonist at best and they won't even say if the screen is a touch screen.

apple-watch.jpg

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the one Tim Cook had on. I don't know how anyone can pay $350 for that look unless it was 15 years old girl with rich parents. The home screen display for Apps is cartoonist at best and they won't even say if the screen is a touch screen.

It's basically like another icon grid...it's just a circular grid now.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple people do not like to see Apple criticized.

I also think that the segmentation has a lot to do with it.... Around here, you have HTC fans crapping on Samsung, Samsung fans crapping on HTC, and Nexus shaking their heads because they know that everyone else is inferior. :) The user base here is as flexible as Android and no one expects everyone to get along... hell, we even welcome in the tin-foil hat crew who only take their phone out of airplane mode when they are enclosed in a quiet room with a anonymous VPN that bounces off a router in Bora Bora.

So we're used to constant complaints, whining and general angst.... and that's just from the OnePlus users.

bazinga

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more with the OP - I was quite literally just reading the post on imore about how the Iwatch wasnt all that revolutionary 3 years in the making and the poor guy got slaughtered by everyone on the forum. at least on Android Central you are allowed to express your feelings and opinions without being shot down.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice to hear more positive feedback on how we handle things at AC. We do our best to enforce the rules and guidelines and take into consideration the occasional rant or blowing off steam to make these forums better.

Thanks again and have a good weekend !

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I also think that the segmentation has a lot to do with it.... Around here, you have HTC fans crapping on Samsung, Samsung fans crapping on HTC, and Nexus shaking their heads because they know that everyone else is inferior. :) The user base here is as flexible as Android and no one expects everyone to get along... hell, we even welcome in the tin-foil hat crew who only take their phone out of airplane mode when they are enclosed in a quiet room with a anonymous VPN that bounces off a router in Bora Bora.

So we're used to constant complaints, whining and general angst.... and that's just from the OnePlus users.

bazinga

Lol, I resemble at least 3 of those characterizations. :D

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 136150

The app icons look bundled up, it almost reminds me on how bundled up the apps on the PS Vita looks.

ujujydah.jpg

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Just went over to iMore to see if anyone thought that Apple Watch looked as hideous as I do from the screen shots. BTW, I don't own a Smart-watch and don't see a need for one. However as far as Style and Looks I think that Apple watch is pure ugly. First thread I saw in the Apple Watch forum was some guy that ask What Happen to all unique features Apple delayed this watch for since there wasn't anything special over a basic Android watch was doing. Next thing even the Mods were pretending he was a Android troll. You can't do anything on iMore but worship at the feet of the great Apple God. BTW, I haven't posted on iMore since I got rid of my last Apple devices.

I want to thank the Mods here on Android Central for letting Apple be talked about on these boards without being demonize as a Heretic. I like technology but it has to look like it is jewelry if you are going to buy a smart-watch.
I kind of like the Apple Watch. But I preferred the look of the IPhone 5S over the newly announced IPhone 6.

I love to see the comments on the boards for both android and ios fans. It is amazing how loyal some people get with a particular company. I honestly prefer android but ios is not bad at all. In fact I think hardware wise the IPhone is still the most beautiful phone out there.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I kind of like the Apple Watch. But I preferred the look of the IPhone 5S over the newly announced IPhone 6.

I love to see the comments on the boards for both android and ios fans. It is amazing how loyal some people get with a particular company. I honestly prefer android but ios is not bad at all. In fact I think hardware wise the IPhone is still the most beautiful phone out there.

And the most OVERPRICED and OVERRATED

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You're not gonna get answer. Most flagships are the same price unless you compare a Pantech, low budget Android device to an iPhone.

Well there is the Nexus line. The Moto X is also quite a bit less. The more popular ones though, are all similarly priced.

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Well there is the Nexus line. The Moto X is also quite a bit less. The more popular ones though, are all similarly priced.

The IPhone is very expensive even by android flagship standards. Specially if you consider that the base model still only has 16 gb which basically forces you to buy the next model for $100 dollars more.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The IPhone is very expensive even by android flagship standards. Specially if you consider that the base model still only has 16 gb which basically forces you to buy the next model for $100 dollars more.

Android phones start at 16 GB as well, and it's a lot harder to get more storage on it versus an iphone
And they do bump you up to 64 gb is l which is unheard of for android

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Android phones start at 16 GB as well, and it's a lot harder to get more storage on it versus an iphone

My phone has 64 GB. (OPO)

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Most high end android phones support microSD cards up to 128 gb. At a much cheaper price than with Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o