Do you agree that Metal phones are overrated?

JellyJamStudios

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've felt the HTC One, One M8, iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s and none of them felt "premium" to me. They actually felt quite bad in the hand.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
They are overrated. Tech media hyped up metal phones like they are second coming, they aren't that great. I am especially wary of how metal dents and gets dings and scratches.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I feel it's more about the actual quality than the material. Nokia always builds devices that feel amazing and oneplus has a real gem in the sandstone one. They just put a lot of work into design

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the Samsung build of the plastic S and Note series of devices. Metal or fake metal can be used to appear fancier I suppose, but most folks I know and see user some type of case on their phones and tablets that precludes song what the chassis is actually made of. I do carry Note 2 naked any more, and it does have a couple dinged up edges, but I really don't care. I don't personal buy into the metal frame argument, but I'm sure that some do feel strongly about for their own reasons.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've felt the HTC One, One M8, iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s and none of them felt "premium" to me. They actually felt quite bad in the hand.

Posted via Android Central App

Somewhat agree because it comes down to design and size. I love the 5S, perfect size it's very comfortable to use but I wanted it bigger.

My issue with the Z2 was it's too tall and sharp edges, which is why Sony softened the edges on the Z3. hTc, again love it but too tall as well and that hTc logo was the difference, I probably would still have it because I think it's the best build & design. I wish Apple came up with it. :)