Need name and feedback for my App that calculates the height of an object from its shadows length

Claas M

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey Community,

First of all I'd like to excuse grammar or spelling mistakes for english is not my native language. If you find one in my Post/App/App-Description please let me know!

I finally managed to release my first app and now I need feedback regarding design and functionality.
The App is named SunlightShadow (Im searching for a better name ... let me know if you have a suggestion) and uses your position and the time to calculate the angle between your position, the sun and the horizon.
With that, it can calculate an objects height solely from its shadows length, which could be useful if you want to know the height of e.g. a tree without fearing certain death from falling down
Of course this only works if the sun is shining.
I live in Germany and have no possibilities of testing my app in any other location so if any of you have the time to test it and tell me the result, location and time, that would be greatly appreciated.

If you write me a Review and want one for your own app, just post a link.

The App can be found here:
play.google(.)com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmeiners.sunlightshadow
(Without the Brackets around the dot - I cant post links yet)

Best Regards,
Claas M.

P.S. I hope nobody minds that i posted this on multiple forums to get the most possible feedback as this is my first app :)

Last edited: