Is anyone one else experiencing this message?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2014 08:08 AM
    I've seen if before. And no end of other brain-dead behaviour from Google Services.

For example: Client software on handsets (and, one presumes, tablets) will merrily sit there sucking your battery dry trying to talk to dead or unreachable services unless you notice it and make it stop. They have been known to do the same if their cache becomes mangled. Google's client-side software is apparently too st00pid to know when to give up or how to execute incremental backoff.

Had my brand new Moto G (as in about 24 hours old) doing that, yesterday, on Google Play Newsstand. So I disabled it. That and every other Google Service that I did not use. (Actually, I was going to give Google Play Newstand a try. Not now.)

Best thing you can do for battery life, IMO, is disable every Google Service you can, and substitute things like Google Play Newsstand with a 3rd-party app/service.
    09-19-2014 08:18 AM
    Yea I'll do that. I only use Gmail and games so I'll use stock mail for awhile. Thanks!

Edit : Actually in doing some research the way to get rid of the nag is you go into Settings>security >Phone Administrators>uncheck Android Device Manager. Then go to Settings>Apps all>undo the Google play services updates. Then reinstall and it gets rid if the nag.

Posted via Android Central App
    profkefah likes this.
    09-19-2014 09:12 AM
    I think the latest update is causing these errors because I have been getting them too within the past few days. Even after uninstalling the latest update to the factory version, it will automatically reinstall on your phone without you even knowing it until you see the errors again. And the problem with the factory version is that it may be too old to be compatible with some programs that need it to run, such as YouTube.

I have found a solution:

1. Uninstall the latest update, then find Google Play Services 4.4.51 which is one of the last versions before the update, and install that.

2. Install LBE Security Master, version 5.3.7591, but make sure you go to the XDA site and locate the English version. In the program, there is an App Manager, and an option "Automatic installation of monitoring software". Make sure that is enabled. Select "Ask automatically installed". Then when the update installs, you should see a prompt asking what to do. Add it to the Blacklist. Now Google Play Services no longer updates automatically and the errors should not reappear.
    09-21-2014 11:35 PM
    HI,I am come from China in LBE security team , i am very glad to see you know about LBE's permissions.Now we just intend to launch a product-related permissions in Android a key setting tool, all without you manually click Settings,Based on our 3 years of accumulated user data, permission-based understanding of our Android app。
    08-25-2015 02:08 AM
    u r right
    08-25-2015 10:20 AM