Sony phones . How are they?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I would like to know by those who have owned a Sony phone what the pros and cons are? Im coming from a Moto x and was all set to get the Moto x 2014 mainly because i like the smoothness of stock Android but i really liked the 4.7" screen as i have smallish hands. I was looking at the z3 compact and i really like some of the slightly better features like camara and possibly battery life compared to the x . Anyway i was worried about how smooth Sonys ui was with their skin. I dont want a phone that is going to lag like Samsung. that is my main concern. I can always add Nova but i dont want the phone to bog down . Was going to buy both the X and z3 compact because i use two numbers for my bussines but i think it may be stupid to spend the money and ill just use my old Note 2 for the one number. Again not really comparing the Moto x 2014 to the z3 compact just want to know see if anyone can tell me about Sony . They are more of a European sold phone it looks like so none around to check out.

Posted via Android Central App

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
While I don't have an answer for you, I can say I'm in the same boat. I was eager for the Moto X (2014) release, as I was hoping they would keep the 4.7" screen (and overall form factor). Once it was released as a "me too" big screen device (5.2"), I quickly turned my attention to the Z3C. I plan on placing my order tomorrow on Clove. My carrier is AT&T in the US and I'm taking the risk (the international version supports AT&T's LTE bands). My key priorities include device size and camera, so the Z3C hits the mark. The water and dust resistant capabilities are a plus. I keep reading that the battery is great as well, which is an even big plus. All reviews I have read about the Z, Z1C, Z2 and their latest Z3 and Z3C variants have been overly positive.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
While I don't have an answer for you, I can say I'm in the same boat. I was eager for the Moto X (2014) release, as I was hoping they would keep the 4.7" screen (and overall form factor). Once it was released as a "me too" big screen device (5.2"), I quickly turned my attention to the Z3C. I plan on placing my order tomorrow on Clove. My carrier is AT&T in the US and I'm taking the risk (the international version supports AT&T's LTE bands). My key priorities include device size and camera, so the Z3C hits the mark. The water and dust resistant capabilities are a plus. I keep reading that the battery is great as well, which is an even big plus. All reviews I have read about the Z, Z1C, Z2 and their latest Z3 and Z3C variants have been overly positive.

Yes i have heard good things as well but i did hear one reviewer mention stutter on the z2. I think phone arena or something. So i just would like to get some feedback from users. Honestly though you can find stutter on any device and the new models have upgraded processors. Supposedly Sonys ui is closer to stock than most so thats good. But i think your right, it seems to be an all around well rounded phone from the battery to camara and i do roofing so the waterproofing is pretty darn sweet. Hopefully someone will give some more insight on Sony. What color are you getting?

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have heard good things as well but i did hear one reviewer mention stutter on the z2. I think phone arena or something. So i just would like to get some feedback from users. Honestly though you can find stutter on any device and the new models have upgraded processors. Supposedly Sonys ui is closer to stock than most so thats good. But i think your right, it seems to be an all around well rounded phone from the battery to camara and i do roofing so the waterproofing is pretty darn sweet. Hopefully someone will give some more insight on Sony. What color are you getting?

Black. If I want to spice it up with color, I will get a case.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was really impressed by the Z3, I might end up getting it
It looks like a true flagship device sony should be proud of, now I just hope it actually works as well as it looks

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the latest Sony phones look great and the reviews seem really positive. I wish they would have wider distribution in the USA. I would have given serious consideration to a Sony phone if it was on my carrier.

I keep hearing about Sony's financial problems with their mobile division. Too bad they don't make more of an effort to get their phones carried by US carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC