Is there any news about of 2.3 will affect phones with Sense... I know the current rumor is that with the "pending" update that there will be no need for companies to use sense our touchwiz, etc but but is that really likely?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2010 06:17 PM
    I wish. sense/touchwiz etc are here to stay.
    11-13-2010 06:22 PM
    That's almost a definite....if you need proof.....why would they make new sense just to have it eliminated?

11-13-2010 07:42 PM
    Is there any news about of 2.3 will affect phones with Sense... I know the current rumor is that with the "pending" update that there will be no need for companies to use sense our touchwiz, etc but but is that really likely?

Something you'll need to keep in mind when asking a question like that, companies like HTC and Samsung don't NEED to put skins on their phones, they just choose to. Nobody's forcing them to do it, so 2.3 is irrelevant to if a phone will have a skin or not.
    11-14-2010 05:44 PM
    Companies see it as a to differentiate themselves not just on hardware but also services and software. Too them it is a value add-on and if you talk to most people, they don't care if it is skinned or not. I had the desire z rom running on my G2 for a couple of days and it was very nice IMO. It did add some value in certain areas. Hopefully gingerbread takes away some of the things I would want from sense to stock android. But it is not going away.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2010 03:34 PM
    Yeah I have to agree. Manufacturer UI overlays are not going anywhere. What google is trying to do with 2.3 is to make Android visually superior (general theme and also widget im assuming) then it's current state. This way some manufacturers might just pass on overlaying it with their custom theme/launcher.

I doubt this will have any effect on the custom overlays but who knows. I do know that Google can't create and updated version of Android that does not allow the overlays that Manufacturers create because that would go completely against their open source policy.
    11-15-2010 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD