Motorola Android battery fell out and now my phone won't charge or turn on

Leonodas

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
The back was coming off already, so I guess that's my fault for not securing it, although the little clips wouldn't all go in and click into the back -- so, a defective back. Besides the point.

The battery has a warning on it which states not to remove it and that the battery is non-removable. I have made no attempt to remove the battery.

I drop it and the battery came loose. Naturally, the phone shut off, but then would not turn on again. I went to go charge it, and it the little "M" logo shows up, then shows me a charging battery of 0%, which quickly goes to 5%. The screen will then close down (energy saving I guess) after a few seconds and when I hit the power button to turn it on again, its "fully charged."

If I take it off the charger, the screen goes dark and it will not even attempt to turn on. I have tried to turn it on while charging, but when I hold the power button, it simply blacks out; basically, it shuts off. Force reboot (holding volume down in tandem) produces the same useless result.

I am going to try and leave it to charge for an hour, but I'm running out of solutions. This could not come at a worse possible time for me, but I that's of no concern here anyway. Please post whatever solutions you can.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If it is non removable, it was probably hard wired into the phone. It may be possible the fall pulled the connections loose. As for how to fix it, I am not sure. You can try searching your device on YouTube. iFixit, if they have your device, does wonderful tear-down videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt