I'm curious what's on everyone's gadget wishlist right now? I have some best buy rewards and gift cards I need to use up, but can't figure out what I should get. I'm probably looking around $200+- but that's not set in stone. I just want to know what you want and why. Even if it's only $5 or $2000.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 12:41 AM
    I'd probably use it on a Moto 360. You might also want to consider a wireless charger (if your devices are compatible) and a Chromecast. They're both fairly inexpensive, so if you're looking for a few smaller items to round out your purchase, they might fit the bill.
    10-13-2014 12:59 AM
    I'm in the market for a new phone
    Either the M8, iPhone 6, or Z3
    And I'll also need a new computer for next year (laptop)

And then for what I want, I'd like a smart watch and a tablet, but I don't think I'll them

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    10-13-2014 07:29 AM
    I would be interested (hopefully soon) to get a chromebook, just to try it out. Even if it is just to try it out, I like the idea of using it most day without turning on my desktop computer on.
    10-13-2014 08:59 PM
    I'd probably use it on a Moto 360. You might also want to consider a wireless charger (if your devices are compatible) and a Chromecast. They're both fairly inexpensive, so if you're looking for a few smaller items to round out your purchase, they might fit the bill.
    Chromecast is interesting to me. Just need to figure out what I would actually use it for? How do you see yours?
    The Wireless charger would be great, how do I find out if my devices are compatible? I think I would actually wear the moto 360. Great ideas.

10-13-2014 09:16 PM
    I'm in the market for a new phone
    Either the M8, iPhone 6, or Z3
    And I'll also need a new computer for next year (laptop)

And then for what I want, I'd like a smart watch and a tablet, but I don't think I'll them

What laptops are you looking at?

10-13-2014 09:17 PM
    I would be interested (hopefully soon) to get a chromebook, just to try it out. Even if it is just to try it out, I like the idea of using it most day without turning on my desktop computer on.
    Do the chromebooks do something different than tablets or basically similar with a keyboard? I'm not really familiar with them.

10-13-2014 09:18 PM
    What laptops are you looking at?

I haven't really been looking, but I'm thinking somewhere in the vicinity of $500 dollars (not a chromebook)

10-13-2014 11:15 PM
    Chromecast is interesting to me. Just need to figure out what I would actually use it for? How do you see yours?
    The Wireless charger would be great, how do I find out if my devices are compatible? I think I would actually wear the moto 360. Great ideas.

Chromecast is pretty versatile. You can broadcast things from your Android device or your computer to your HDTV. If you use compatible apps to cast to the TV, you get a special interface--for example, with Google Play Music, you see the cover art move slowly around like a screensaver, along with the current track playing and its progress. You can also mirror your Chrome browser by using the Google Cast extension for Chrome, so you see what you're doing on the computer right up on the TV screen. For me, my main uses so far are for playing my Google Play Music library over my living room TV's surround sound system, and casting YouTube videos to the TV for my daughter. I've also watched a couple of movies on HBOGo, which is better than watching them on cable HBO, because HBOGo is on demand, with a greater selection of free movies. The main downside is that the sound that is cast to the TV is only two-channel, not 5.1 or 7.1.

Check your phone's specs on the web to see if it's compatible with "Qi" wireless charging.
    lillygirl7 likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:56 PM
    Do the chromebooks do something different than tablets or basically similar with a keyboard? I'm not really familiar with them.

Probably not, just the feel of using a real keyboard using chrome os is favorable for me. I got a lot of research to do to see which one is best for me, so excited.
    10-14-2014 09:48 AM

Chromebooks offer a much smoother and faster browsing experience than any tablet, so if you do primarily web-based and browser-based activity, Chromebooks are a good value. Some advantages over conventional Windows laptops is that Chromebooks boot up in 7 seconds, are significantly more secure, and aren't burdened with constant patches from Microsoft. The main downside is that you can't install non-browser based programs, but more and more conventional programs are becoming available on Chrome. Even Photoshop is going through a test phase on Chrome OS.
    lillygirl7 likes this.
    10-14-2014 11:48 AM
    Nexus or moto 360

10-20-2014 05:25 PM