Currently have the S3, and I am considering getting either the S5 or the HTC M8. I'll consider others, as long as it's Android based. I use mine mostly for apps, gmail, texting (mostly through Google Voice though and less so SMS),, and pictures.

Looking for speed, battery life, and the camera.

Thoughts?
    10-13-2014 12:59 PM
    Which carrier you're on and if you're buying it off-contract versus extending a 2-year contract would help with the process.
    Personally I think the HTC M8, and the Galaxy S5 are both great devices. Both of them have different pro's and con's and you'll need to boil it down into what you want out of your phone the most.

The HTC One has the following going for it.
    +Much better build quality with that beautiful metal body.
    +HTC's Sense Skin is lighter and less intrusive than Touchwiz
    +Less "Bloatware" compared to all the software Samsung crams into their phones.
    +HTC's Benefits like free screen replacement in the first 6 months of ownership are nice.
    -Phone is larger than the competition with a smaller screen, and it's heavier.
    -Camera is pretty poor in comparison to the competition.
    -Phone can be slippery without a case (Which then ruins the build quality).
    -No Wireless Charging.

The Galaxy S5 has the following going for it.
    +Lighter and smaller overall shape than the HTC One despite having a slightly larger display.
    +Water and Dust resistant.
    +MUCH Better camera than the HTC One.
    +Better battery life.
    +Wireless charging with optional cover.
    +Some of Samsung's software features are pretty awesome.
    -And some of them are pretty terrible.
    -Plastic build quality may seem lacking if you go case less.
    -TouchWiz is a very bloated OS, and may make the phone slower than other devices due to it's weight.
    -Waterproof flaps may be annoying and could break off.
    phillynitro likes this.
    10-13-2014 02:26 PM
    No contract have T-mobile. Will finance with them.
    10-13-2014 02:33 PM
    I suggest the Moto X. My friend recently just got it, and it really is a nice phone. From what he tells me, it has a very fast processor. I have played with it myself, and was able to do what I needed without really any response time - that being said (and a pretty new phone) I would suggest that.
    10-13-2014 07:36 PM
    I'd take a look at the Z3

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    10-13-2014 10:16 PM
    For speed, battery life, and camera, you can't go wrong with the Sony Xperia Z3. It has two day battery life! Craziness. It should also roughly cost the same as the M8 or S5. It is also dust and water resistant, but built much better than the S5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    JBeef likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:41 PM
    Unlocked free and clear Pure Edition Moto X is pretty nice! I have one and love it so far, had it a few days. Hoping to get some more battery life out of it after the battery is trained but we will see. Watch some reviews and go to the stores to play with it! Att & Verizon both have it on display. Not sure about BestBuy, my local one does NOT have one out yet. Then again I'm in VT....And its how it rolls! :P
    10-14-2014 05:29 AM
    The Z3 should definitely be in your considerations as it ticks all your boxes. It does have flaps over the ports but magnetic charging cables are very cheap and avoid this altogether. htc cameras are risky (my last phone was a htc one m7) some people love them, some miss the higher MP count. Try and go into a shop and have a play. End of the day, whatever one of these flagships you choose will be a great phone.
    10-14-2014 06:15 AM
    As an aside my fiancee has the older moto x model which is just a sublime device. Not the highest specs but overall package is just stunning to use. Based on that I'd look into the new Moto x too.
    10-14-2014 06:17 AM
    10-16-2014 02:12 AM
    What are your basic mandatory requirements? Me personally it's 32g internal storage, removable battery and having ext. SD card. Display, cpu, radio are high on the list. Without removable battery your limited to phones power usage or carry around a charger. Anything under 32g internal storage will almost necessitate a sd card.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning
    10-17-2014 05:33 AM
    HTC
    10-20-2014 02:28 PM
    Depends what you really like about each device there both awesome choices.. I personally use a note 4 but out of those I'd choose the m8..

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2014 04:16 PM
    HTC M8 or Note 4
    10-20-2014 04:28 PM