I've been seeing a lot of discussions in the past few weeks about Apple Pay, of course, but not a lot of increase on the Google wallet talk. I'm running a Verizon Note 3 with no secured sim. Just curious, are Android users just not that into mobile payments, or is Google Wallet somehow less palatable?

I understand that Google Wallet tracks purchases. If this is true, it's definitely a killjoy as I don't want targeted ads. Is the setup more laborious than Apple Pay? Let's talk...
    10-14-2014 04:09 AM
    I've been seeing a lot of discussions in the past few weeks about Apple Pay, of course, but not a lot of increase on the Google wallet talk. I'm running a Verizon Note 3 with no secured sim. Just curious, are Android users just not that into mobile payments, or is Google Wallet somehow less palatable?

I understand that Google Wallet tracks purchases. If this is true, it's definitely a killjoy as I don't want targeted ads. Is the setup more laborious than Apple Pay? Let's talk...
    No its just been out forever and Apple is finally catching up? I use it all the in the play store and to buy/rent movies here and there. For the most part not a single online payment system can replace my CC's. One, if someone steals it the CC company takes care of it for me. Plus it does not impact my real cash flow either. Google will take a certain % when you do transfers. Something I'd be ok with if there was a lot more benefits available. To me the market just has not matured enough. In the future I can see my self moving toward this sorta idea. But the only reason why its in the news is for one simple reason...Apple finally got on board with their own version. It will be big news for a bit then it will die down like anything until we see a massive improvement.

Now this is not me slamming the technology. Its just how things work. They are still very useful. They just haven't reached their peak just yet! For me....That's a good thing. I'm excited to see what both companies do to move forward first and compete! It will be a technology race at its finest. But hey thats just my opinion!
    10-14-2014 05:27 AM