Motorola, a Lenovo Company

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
O0bW7mJ.png

Hello, Lenovo! - The Official Motorola Blog

Today, Motorola Mobility becomes part of the Lenovo family of companies, and we are thrilled.

Over the past two years we have transformed Motorola by focusing on what matters most -- consumers. We’ve made huge strides in bringing the mobile Internet to millions of people around the world and improving their lives through exceptional technology, experiences and value. While we’re proud of the progress we’ve made, we recognize that there is still much more we can achieve -- in innovation, reach and impact.

In Lenovo we have a partner that shares our mission and that brings global scale, a diverse product portfolio and a track record of seizing strategic opportunities and making the most of them. Together we will go farther, faster. With an impressive portfolio of smartphones, wearables and PCs, our two companies will be uniquely positioned to push the boundaries of choice and value, and bring exciting new experiences to people everywhere.

As excited as we are about what’s changing, we’re also pleased with what we are carrying forward with us. We will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Lenovo and remain headquartered in Chicago’s Merchandise Mart while maintaining offices around the world, including in Silicon Valley. The iconic Motorola brand will continue, as will the Moto and DROID franchises that have propelled our growth over the past year. We will continue to focus on pure Android and fast upgrades, and remain committed to developing technology to solve real consumer problems. And we will continue to develop mobile devices that bring people unprecedented choice, value and quality.

Motorola is a company that has long helped to define the course of the mobile telecommunications and mobile computing industries. With Lenovo backing us, we look forward to being able to reshape the industry for decades to come. We’re ready for the challenge and hope you’ll join us on the journey.

Lenovo completes $2.91 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility | Android Central

Motorola has today announced on its official blog that the company has become part of Lenovo's family of businesses, essentially finalizing everything we've reported on thus far regarding the $2.91 billion acquisition. It's said that both companies share similar missions, enabling Motorola to tap into Lenovo's global reach to better serve its customers with PCs, wearables and mobile hardware.

Motorola will remain headquartered in Chicago, maintaining offices worldwide, so little will change at the company previously owned by Google. Both the Moto and DROID family of devices will also continue as normal, but the company will focus on "pure Android" and deliver quicker upgrades for consumers. So yes Motorola has a new owner, but nothing will likely change in the near future. Business as usual, folks.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Last edited:

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Odd that Motorola Officially became Lenovo today?

What do you make of this news and how the launch went yesterday?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Odd that Motorola Officially became Lenovo today?

I don't think they have anything to do with the other. But yeah the timing is funny.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Why is it odd? I'm not sure what you're getting at

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

A failed launch is business as usual for Google so nothing unusual there. I'm sure next year will be the same

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Timing is just comical..... but that deal just took some time to close completely.....

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure 'what I'm getting at'. A better N6 launch? More supply? To sell out in seconds bespeaks of extremely limited supply even with the volume of perspective buyers. To wait until the day after the N6? There has to be a connection with the failed launch.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure 'what I'm getting at'. A better N6 launch? More supply? To sell out in seconds bespeaks of extremely limited supply even with the volume of perspective buyers. To wait until the day after the N6? There has to be a connection with the failed launch.

Look at the launch of the Nexus Player. And the Moto 360. And the Nexus 5. And the Nexus 4... This launch had nothing to do with the sale. These sales always take a ton of time to go through. They have to pass through the regulations of several governments to be official. It's gonna take time.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

There has to be a connection with the failed launch.

You keep saying "launch failure". Why do you consider it a failed launch? It went up for pre-sale as scheduled, inventory was said to become available 2-3 weeks after. It looks like everything is going to schedule according to how they announced it weeks ago.

The fact it sold out is just a matter of demand vs. supply. If it HADN'T sold out, I'd consider that a failure. This seems more like a raving success.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Time will tell if something good comes from Lenovorola.

rap4usa

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Lenovo has so many smartphone model line up, that are fairly cheap, I guess its time to make it cheap and good? hmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton