No more iPhones for me

bwillard92

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I preordered an iPhone 6 through T-Mobile and got it on launch day. I really enjoyed the larger screen, the touch ID and how well OS X Yosemite and iOS 8.1 work together. While those are three great features it's still the same old iphone. Sometimes I do like how simple it is to use but the lack of customization is why I sold my 5C in the first place.

I've finally realized I keep going back to iPhone because all my contacts have them and iMessage is so convenient but I'm never happy away from Android.

The terrible T-Mobile service in my area didn't help either. BTW calling T-Mobile about your bad service won't help. Once you go over the 20 day online return period they won't refund you even if the phone is unusable in certain areas. Maine isn't a good place for T-Mobile.

My only way to get rid of T-Mobile was to pay off the EIP. I paid them $326, made 40 days of service and had them unlock the phone. Should I sell it on ebay? The ebay trending price for a 16GB iPhone 6 is $700. What are the odds I would make that?

Now about the Android phone I picked out. Using Amazon.com I bought a Gold HTC One M8 for $99.99 when I signed a contract with Verizon Wireless. I know it's taller and heavier than other phones with a 5" screen but I went to a AT&T store yesterday and asked if I could hold one. It's actually very comfortable to hold and use. I had a Moto X before the iPhone 6 but it was missing the feature I need the most, a microSD slot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
iPhones always have excellent resale value, so if it's in pristine condition, I would guess you'd get a pretty good price for it.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My only way to get rid of T-Mobile was to pay off the EIP. I paid them $326, made 40 days of service and had them unlock the phone. Should I sell it on ebay? The ebay trending price for a 16GB iPhone 6 is $700. What are the odds I would make that?

Keep in mind if you sell on eBay the high sellers fees on such a price is a killer. Then there are the paypal fees...

Another thing is the recently changed eBay rules that no longer do anything to protect the seller could leave you having to pay back the buyer AND.... losing the phone.. In many cases eBay will not require the buyer to return the item..

I would advertise it on craigslist and meet in person only at a well lit public location with plenty of foot traffic..