I think I may be too paranoid... Can anybody relate?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Note 3 for a while, and I treat it like it's my baby. Whenever someone wants to touch my phone, I have to feel their hands to make sure they are not wet.

If I have to put my Note 3 down I have to wipe the area I am putting it down on until I am sure it is not wet. I have major anxiety about sweat damage. I have to wipe the case off whenever I am using the phone and I feel some sweat.

I make sure to NEVER touch the camera, and if I do, I have to wipe it multiple times with my shirt, provided that my shirt is not wet. Every time I get the S-pen out I have to constantly wipe it to make sure sweat isn't getting on it.

I have to be extra careful when I take it out of the case to make sure I don't break the screen or get any scratch on it. I make sure to hold the phone away from my ear so sweat doesn't get into the microphone (even if there is no sweat!).

I am so paranoid about my phone. I just wish I wasn't so paranoid. IT IS JUST A PHONE! Can anybody relate or am I crazy?

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Boy! You are crazy paranoid!!! .......naw, just kidding of course. We put a lot of money into our devices and we're also very dependent on them for so many aspects of our lives. I don't understand folks that toss them around with no thought - I know some of those people. I guess if you have lots of spare "change" you can be nonchalant. As for most of us though, these little pieces of marvelous technology are a major investment!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My precious! LOL

TBH it's extreme but I get it. I do make sure my hands are clean, especially with the S-Pen. I think it's the reason why I went with Charcoal Black, so I can avoid seeing any dirt marks. LOL

I remember when had the hTc One M8 and it was raining hard and no umbrella on my way to work, I used a ziplock sandwich bag to protect it in my pocket. I got into work and my boys were laughing.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Boy! You are crazy paranoid!!! .......naw, just kidding of course. We put a lot of money into our devices and we're also very dependent on them for so many aspects of our lives. I don't understand folks that toss them around with no thought - I know some of those people. I guess if you have lots of spare "change" you can be nonchalant. As for most of us though, these little pieces of marvelous technology are a major investment!

I know some people who will throw their phone on the ground just to show someone that their case protects their phone. I don't get people like that. I would never throw or drop my phone on the ground even with a heavy-duty case on it, lol.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My precious! LOL

I remember when had the hTc One M8 and it was raining hard and no umbrella on my way to work, I used a ziplock sandwich bag to protect it in my pocket. I got into work and my boys were laughing.

That would cause me a lot of anxiety. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't even bring my phone outside if it were raining, even with a waterproof case on it!

JohnBoy412

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
You are a bit paranoid, but to say that you are crazy? That is a bit much.
Everybody is always a bit paranoid, especially if you have put your hard earned money into something relatively fragile.

A think to remember is that phones and touchscreens are not a new thing anymore and thus most of your friends and relatives will know how to handle these phones. This also means that the phones and technology have matured quite a bit and they are made to survive a small amount of bumping, scratching and moist. I think if you ask people with broken phones how they broke it they will most likely say that they dropped it, they bumped into something hard, or something similar. I am not saying that you should throw your phone on the ground or dip it in water, but these phones are made for regular and daily use, rough pockets or a bit sweaty hands will probably not damage your phone.

Hope this helps,

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You are a bit paranoid, but to say that you are crazy? That is a bit much.
Everybody is always a bit paranoid, especially if you have put your hard earned money into something relatively fragile.

A think to remember is that phones and touchscreens are not a new thing anymore and thus most of your friends and relatives will know how to handle these phones. This also means that the phones and technology have matured quite a bit and they are made to survive a small amount of bumping, scratching and moist. I think if you ask people with broken phones how they broke it they will most likely say that they dropped it, they bumped into something hard, or something similar. I am not saying that you should throw your phone on the ground or dip it in water, but these phones are made for regular and daily use, rough pockets or a bit sweaty hands will probably not damage your phone.

Hope this helps,

Thanks! That actually helps a lot :)

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Note 3 for a while, and I treat it like it's my baby. Whenever someone wants to touch my phone, I have to feel their hands to make sure they are not wet.

If I have to put my Note 3 down I have to wipe the area I am putting it down on until I am sure it is not wet. I have major anxiety about sweat damage. I have to wipe the case off whenever I am using the phone and I feel some sweat.

I make sure to NEVER touch the camera, and if I do, I have to wipe it multiple times with my shirt, provided that my shirt is not wet. Every time I get the S-pen out I have to constantly wipe it to make sure sweat isn't getting on it.

I have to be extra careful when I take it out of the case to make sure I don't break the screen or get any scratch on it. I make sure to hold the phone away from my ear so sweat doesn't get into the microphone (even if there is no sweat!).

I am so paranoid about my phone. I just wish I wasn't so paranoid. IT IS JUST A PHONE! Can anybody relate or am I crazy?

Nothing wrong w this, I was actually like that when I got the Evo 3D. I'm more careless now, but I still treat my phone like a baby since how much these things cost.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Surface moisture isn't going damage any modern flagship phone, you need to actively introduce water deep inside the phone to even start worrying about water damage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't. But sometimes I will think I am sweating but when I feel the phone it is perfectly dry. I guess it is just my mind playing tricks on me.

I think even a little sweat won't hurt it -- The feel you probably think you're feeling is the natural oil from your hand .. If you wash / dry your hands you won't feel that anymore once using the phone.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can relate. While I think a lot if it comes from my OCD and Anxiety, I have similar things. Like I'm paranoid that taking my phone case on and off might bend or damage my phone (I've done this a lot lately as I've been switching back and forth between my 5S and M8.) I'm worried about rain or water damage. To the point where I get paranoid even going out in the rain with the phone in my pocket. Also, if a case doesn't for flush on the phones bezels (like, if more of the bezel is showing on one side than the other when the case is on.

So no, your not alone.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can relate. While I think a lot if it comes from my OCD and Anxiety, I have similar things. Like I'm paranoid that taking my phone case on and off might bend or damage my phone (I've done this a lot lately as I've been switching back and forth between my 5S and M8.) I'm worried about rain or water damage. To the point where I get paranoid even going out in the rain with the phone in my pocket. Also, if a case doesn't for flush on the phones bezels (like, if more of the bezel is showing on one side than the other when the case is on.

So no, your not alone.

I think this is where it comes from. Throughout my life I have had severe OCD and anxiety. I had to go to professional help for years. I am much better now but it is still there in some ways.

NikasN94G

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, you're really paranoid. My phone dropped like hundred times, he has crashed screen and it looks like after close contact with roller. Uh. :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're really paranoid. My phone dropped like hundred times, he has crashed screen and it looks like after close contact with roller. Uh. :p

Sweat and destroying your phone are kind of different. I ensure not to smash my phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy