09-09-2016 09:55 PM
84 1234
tools
    ...iPhone 3G, and it completely changed my world in regards to phones, fast fwd to today and IOS is not setting the mobile space pace anymore. Android is much more innovative (if less polished) and actually more fun to use IMO.
    This is true and even makes me feel nostalgic. I was very surprised at myself that I didn't enjoy the 6+ when I had it, but I'd unwittingly spoiled myself with a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge. It wasn't fair to the 6+ at all. In fact, it was downright cruel to even place a 6+ in such overwhelming company. I realize that now. ...but my intentions were good. Really, they were. Lesson learned. I'm done with iOS.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    WeAreAllUnique likes this.
    03-30-2015 05:23 AM
    I love android more but why limit yourself when you can have the best of both worlds.

SHIFT_nexus five
    03-30-2015 04:23 PM
    I love android more but why limit yourself when you can have the best of both worlds.

SHIFT_nexus five
    I used to feel that way. ...but now I don't feel that iOS offers anything I'm interested in any longer. I'm not sure what happened to me. Old age perhaps.

03-30-2015 06:42 PM
    I used to feel that way. ...but now I don't feel that iOS offers anything I'm interested in any longer. I'm not sure what happened to me. Old age perhaps.

It could be just a phase but for some dark reason this appeals to me more than what iOS offers

03-30-2015 06:47 PM
    I love my IPhone 6+.... But I also love my Droid Turbo,Blackberry Classic, Nokia 1520
    03-30-2015 08:19 PM
    As i said before i really like both and will have one of each. The Ipad is such a good tablet when i use it but i like Android for all of my dayly tasks.
    03-31-2015 06:35 AM
    Note3
    Ahh
    04-04-2015 08:28 PM
    This is true and even makes me feel nostalgic. I was very surprised at myself that I didn't enjoy the 6+ when I had it, but I'd unwittingly spoiled myself with a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge. It wasn't fair to the 6+ at all. In fact, it was downright cruel to even place a 6+ in such overwhelming company. I realize that now. ...but my intentions were good. Really, they were. Lesson learned. I'm done with iOS.

I just said that about Android. But here I am with a Note 5!
    10-12-2015 06:01 AM
    Although I'm not into rooting, I like that I have the ability to set default applications for various tasks. Such as setting the default launcher or texting app. It's a lot more useful and convenient to be able to use the apps YOU want to use and not feel like the apps you use are secondary to any first party offering.

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    10-12-2015 06:58 PM
    I've been in between smartphones and OS's every year, but my favorite I'll have to say were Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Note 2. These were pretty solid devices and lighter than most in their time. The last 2 years I'd been with iOS, until I decided to try Android again this week and is great to see how long has Google Android evolved from what it was 3 years ago. I went to my local carrier store and decided to try the cheapest and slowest of them all to measure against what the quality should be and is fair to say that I tried the ZTE Maven running Lollipop 5.1 and it really surprised me how well it did. Of course, the processor can't compare with premium devices, but I decided to use it for a week as my daily driver instead of the iPhone 6 Plus and it surprised me how well it did. It didn't freeze, screen responded quick when navigating around and Notifications never failed to work. I had all this issues with iOS and I'm no gamer, but I do depend on notifications and this little device worked great. I even found it more intuitive to use. I went and jumped ship and glad I did. Battery is an issue, but nothing that can't be solved with a battery pack to keep it charged.

Android is awesome,

Thanks Google.
    10-18-2015 02:35 PM
    The Android version of the tapatalk app works a lot better than it's iOS counterpart. Just sayin.
    10-25-2015 07:08 AM
    I love that some Android phones have a no-frills battery saving mode that makes those last 10% go a looong way.
    10-28-2015 03:20 AM
    I love that some Android phones have a no-frills battery saving mode that makes those last 10% go a looong way.
    iOS has power save mode too.
    10-28-2015 06:10 PM
    I have a 3rd generation iPad, and no direct experience with an iPhone. But based on that, and in addition to everything else people have said, I especially like Android better than iOS because:

1. The app icons stay where I put them on the screen, instead of re-arranging themselves every time I move one of them. (I am very visual and location-oriented, and having all of the icons jump around any time I move or delete one drives me crazy on the iPad!)

2. Swiftkeys! I know they have a version for iOS now, but it doesn't work very well because of the Apple architecture. The Google keyboard has improved but is a poor second to Swiftkeys, and iOS auto-correct doesn't deserve even an honorable mention in comparison. I nearly returned our iPad when I found out there was nothing equivalent to Swiftkeys for iOS. (I seriously wouldn't have bought it if I'd known.) I remain amazed that anyone can tolerate writing emails on an iPhone...

3. Android lets me edit my writing very precisely. I can use the touchscreen to tap the cursor right into the middle of a word. With iOS, I can only place the cursor at the beginning or end of a longish word. I can't even successfully place it between two small words, usually - have to erase them both to edit. And there's no arrow keys to move the cursor manually...

4. All of the accessories, cables, etc etc for Android devices are less expensive than the iOS versions.

5. And the peripherals are close enough to universal that I can often plug my phone into someone's car charger or borrow a cable when at a friend's house...

6. It seems like a much higher percentage of good Android apps are free or very inexpensive compared to iOS (but that might be a result of having an iPad).

Rock on, Android!
    10-30-2015 01:17 AM
    I remember my first Android device. I had the HTC Hero on Sprint. My first impressions of the operating system and the phone itself was that it was interesting. It was very sluggish. I remember the YouTube app didn't work. The camera was bad. And the battery life was worse. But I liked it. I actually flip-flopped between the Hero and the Palm Pre. I really liked the widgets, All of the cool features, the customization. To have 5 screens that I could put anything on was awesome to me. To see how far Android has come since is incredible. And still today, I think the operating system is interesting.
    10-30-2015 10:26 PM
    I remember my first Android device. I had the HTC Hero on Sprint. My first impressions of the operating system and the phone itself was that it was interesting. It was very sluggish. I remember the YouTube app didn't work. The camera was bad. And the battery life was worse. But I liked it. I actually flip-flopped between the Hero and the Palm Pre. I really liked the widgets, All of the cool features, the customization. To have 5 screens that I could put anything on was awesome to me. To see how far Android has come since is incredible. And still today, I think the operating system is interesting.
    Wow, the HTC hero was my first Android phone. I have never own an iPhone and was never impressed with it. But Android has always interested me from day one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 07:09 AM
    Another reason to like Google new Apple, if you have Google Music all access, you get ad free YouTube.

10-31-2015 11:00 AM
    To be honest, I don't marry with any OS. I have a Nokia Lumia 1520, Blackberry Classic, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6S, Nexus 5, Moto G (2014) and had many Android flagships since 2010 when I started with the HTC Hero and so on.

But for me "just for me" I do prefer iOS for a few reasons.

1: Consistency
    2: Quality of software and hardware
    3: Updates
    4: Security
    5: Ease of use (don't get me wrong I am not a average user since I am a developer)
    10-31-2015 12:00 PM
    I think the way Apple manages their phone line up when it comes to features is a bit on the treat'em mean keep'em keen side. That way they can announce widgets and cause an uproar.
    10-31-2015 07:14 PM
    Because I'm a free spirit and I don't like cages

Seriously though, my nan has an iPhone, and whenever I have to help her with something, I just feel claustrophobic. I can absolutely see how it can be great for other peooles needs, like my nan, who is 75 and not very tech savvy. It works within it's own little bubble, and performs well.

But for me, I want better and more features for a lower price, I want expandable storage, so I don't have to fork out several months worth of moneys to get enough built-in storage. I want my UI to look the way I want it to look, and I want options, basically, both with devices and how the devices work. I've used Linux basically my whole life, and I really appreciate what open source can do for a girls life.

11-03-2015 02:09 AM
    There is one thing that has bothered me just a little when switching from iOS to Android. I no longer have access to the Beatles catalog as Google music does not have rights to it.

11-05-2015 08:17 PM
    Apple is a sucky company. Google on the other hand is a great company. Personal opinion.
    11-10-2015 06:21 AM
    Apple is a sucky company. Google on the other hand is a great company. Personal opinion.
    They can't possible sucks too bad. They sell more handsets than any other manufacturer.
    11-10-2015 06:27 AM
    They can't possible sucks too bad. They sell more handsets than any other manufacturer.
    Apple is a closed company. They force customers to do as they want. Also their customer support is unfriendly and unhelpful.
    11-10-2015 06:30 AM
    Apple is a closed company. They force customers to do as they want. Also their customer support is unfriendly and unhelpful.
    I haven't heard that or experienced that with their customer service. It has been top match in my opinion. And yes, their ecosystem is more "closed", but apparently millions upon millions are fine with that.
    11-10-2015 06:33 AM
84 1234