All the little reasons I prefer Android over iOS

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Really.. i have had my note3 for a few months now, i use navigation daily, and have zero complaints. I did hit the report button, when it showed an address on the wrong side of the street. They sent me 2 emails about how they fixed it.
What did you not like about it, just curious?
On Friday I used it to locate the Commissioner of FDA's home, as I had an apt. there. It consistently dropped GPS signal. Consistently. Further, and this could be a Maps thing, I was often provided with directions way too late to actually follow them. This was not a rural location but just outside DC. As mentioned previously, it has quite often taken seemingly forever to get a GPS lock outside my home when being used with Map My Run. My old decrepit iPhone 4 easily outshines it in this area. Other than that and the not-the-best camera, I love my Note 3.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree, not the best camera, but im a little shaky at times, if i can get pretty still it works fine for me. I mostly take pics of data plates on a/c n heating units n installations. Im on Verizon, 4.4.4. And maps blow sprint on my gs3 out of the water.had to load on WiFi at the office 95%of the time. The best was telnav on my blackberry. I haven't had any issues with it like you have.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Why i prefer Android over Windows Phone 8
-Better multitasking experience
-File manager with full functionality
-Ability to sideload apps
-More variety in games and apps
Why i prefer Windows Phone 8 over Android
-No background tasks running all the time and eating up precious resources.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Two simple reasons. 8MP cameras - I had that on my Droid X in 2010. And yes, I do blow up my pics on occasion - so MP do matter.

And, the abomination they call iTunes.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
...iPhone 3G, and it completely changed my world in regards to phones, fast fwd to today and IOS is not setting the mobile space pace anymore. Android is much more innovative (if less polished) and actually more fun to use IMO.
This is true and even makes me feel nostalgic. I was very surprised at myself that I didn't enjoy the 6+ when I had it, but I'd unwittingly spoiled myself with a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge. It wasn't fair to the 6+ at all. In fact, it was downright cruel to even place a 6+ in such overwhelming company. I realize that now. ...but my intentions were good. Really, they were. Lesson learned. I'm done with iOS.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I love android more but why limit yourself when you can have the best of both worlds.

SHIFT_nexus five
I used to feel that way. ...but now I don't feel that iOS offers anything I'm interested in any longer. I'm not sure what happened to me. Old age perhaps.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to feel that way. ...but now I don't feel that iOS offers anything I'm interested in any longer. I'm not sure what happened to me. Old age perhaps.

It could be just a phase but for some dark reason this appeals to me more than what iOS offers
be7aaaadee087f89ec5668f7d92c143f.jpg

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
As i said before i really like both and will have one of each. The Ipad is such a good tablet when i use it but i like Android for all of my dayly tasks.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This is true and even makes me feel nostalgic. I was very surprised at myself that I didn't enjoy the 6+ when I had it, but I'd unwittingly spoiled myself with a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge. It wasn't fair to the 6+ at all. In fact, it was downright cruel to even place a 6+ in such overwhelming company. I realize that now. ...but my intentions were good. Really, they were. Lesson learned. I'm done with iOS.

I just said that about Android. But here I am with a Note 5!

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Although I'm not into rooting, I like that I have the ability to set default applications for various tasks. Such as setting the default launcher or texting app. It's a lot more useful and convenient to be able to use the apps YOU want to use and not feel like the apps you use are secondary to any first party offering.

Posted from the one and only Note 4

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been in between smartphones and OS's every year, but my favorite I'll have to say were Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Note 2. These were pretty solid devices and lighter than most in their time. The last 2 years I'd been with iOS, until I decided to try Android again this week and is great to see how long has Google Android evolved from what it was 3 years ago. I went to my local carrier store and decided to try the cheapest and slowest of them all to measure against what the quality should be and is fair to say that I tried the ZTE Maven running Lollipop 5.1 and it really surprised me how well it did. Of course, the processor can't compare with premium devices, but I decided to use it for a week as my daily driver instead of the iPhone 6 Plus and it surprised me how well it did. It didn't freeze, screen responded quick when navigating around and Notifications never failed to work. I had all this issues with iOS and I'm no gamer, but I do depend on notifications and this little device worked great. I even found it more intuitive to use. I went and jumped ship and glad I did. Battery is an issue, but nothing that can't be solved with a battery pack to keep it charged.

Android is awesome,

Thanks Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34