09-09-2016 10:55 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    1. Google Now's way of anticipating my needs via the cards of different things. Siri does not provide this at all.
    2. The way I can invoke Google Now by swiping from the bottom(at least in a Nexus device).
    3. Current local temperature from the active weather app appears in the status bar. You can't get this on iOS unless jailbroken.
    4. Background audio apps appear in the notification center with album art or podcast art and playback controls with navigation link as well as the ability to close them.
    5. Notification center groups notifications unlike iOS.
    6. Notification center can clear all notifications unlike iOS.
    7. The ability to have app folders on the dock bar .
    8. Widgets - doh!
    9. Superior Google native apps.
    10. Material Design. Just looks more professional and flowing then "cartoony" iOS.
    11. Notification icons in the status bar. yeah this is actually quite helpful to me.
    12. That apps are a separate list from the shortcuts. This allows for a freedom of customization that does not exist on iOS.(Windows Phone has this same ability).
    13. The Settings app is better done.
    14. Google Music actually provides me a real digital music locker.
    15. Sound profiles!
    Alex Wetzel and Morty2264 like this.
    11-12-2014 02:11 AM
    16. Last Apple news (broken update or last iPhone case)
    17. USB removable device possibility for music and video uploading
    18. Price
    11-12-2014 04:09 AM
    ios is very complicated as compare to android.
    11-18-2014 06:52 AM
    ios is very complicated as compare to android.
    IOS is much less complicated than Android, but also a lot less intuitive and customizable. It basically locks you into one way of doing things (Apples way).

My first smart phone was an iPhone 3G, and it completely changed my world in regards to phones, fast fwd to today and IOS is not setting the mobile space pace anymore. Android is much more innovative (if less polished) and actually more fun to use IMO.

I feel like I was not able to "breath" when I was using an iPhone compared to now using android.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-19-2014 12:56 PM
    The 1st time I got an Apple device, I thought iTunes and the proprietary connector (for which they've limited backward compatibility over time) were complete B.S.! There's more, but those 1st impressions turned me off.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 04:20 AM
    Android is better
    11-21-2014 10:22 AM
    There is only one reason why I would never own an Iphone. I don't like a company telling me what they think is best for me. Apple is very patronizing. For the longest time they would tell their customers, "Sorry, no one needs a phone larger than 3.5 inches, so you can't have one." then "Sorry, 4 inches is the best size, so shut up, stop complaining and buy our new phone." It's been the same with a bunch of other things over the year.

I was an early adopter of a lot of things Apple. I had the original Ipod, I had the first Ipod Touch, I had a mac back in the late 90's, but after a while I got sick of their "Our way is what's best for you" attitude. At least with Android you have dozens of brands with different strengths and ways of doing things, plus there are more ways to customize your Android experience through widgets, skins, services, etc.
    rrballer11 and A895 like this.
    11-21-2014 03:01 PM
    Although I believe it's just a preference and some just blinded by advertising. Must admit Google and Android have been the continuous improve OS yearly.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2014 08:54 AM
    How I'm using my smartphone it really doesn't matter which phone - iPhone or Android?

The only fact I dislike Apple is their philosophy. They don't produce better phones but they are a lot more expensive and I really can't believe how many people hang on their iPhones
    11-27-2014 08:12 AM
    I believe iPhone just have better branding
    11-28-2014 12:25 AM
    I recently read an article on why Android is still doing better than iOS 8. It states that Android has a better app management (you can force quit and uninstall apps, clear the cache, view how much storage space each app takes up, choose default apps like the internet browser), widgets, interface costumization (on apple you can't hide apps, and you have to cycle through screens to find the app you want to use), Maps, Multitasking, MicroSD.
    11-28-2014 05:17 AM
    I appreciate what Apple offers to the market. As android enthusiasts we forget that we are not like most people. Most people want one way of doing things that just work. When my sister got her first smartphone (gs3) she was confused as the purpose to having both a home screen and an app drawer. I've run into several other people that feel the same way.

To us it makes sense. For most people having to worry about how to find a specific app can be frustrating.

Also, compare the simplicity of iOS vs Touch wiz. ios is much simpler without the feature-puke. Yes they could install a new launcher but almost no one outside of us know what a launcher even is, much less think to do that. We have to remember, that for consumers, when they think of "Droid" phones they think of Samsung. Many don't even realize that a Motorola phone is 80 percent the exact same as Samsung Galaxy phones.

Now to why I like Android more, I like it because I can set android to work with my established work flow, rather than have that work flow dictated to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Phoenix111 and Spallboy like this.
    11-29-2014 10:48 AM
    There's actually a small list for me but an important one.

Widgets
    App interoperability
    Direct file system management
    Google Now
    Ability to set app defaults.

So far iOS doesn't have even one of those. Not to any degree that I'd call worthwhile. They have the potential for growth with their notification widgets but it'll be years before it fleshes out.
    smoledman likes this.
    11-29-2014 05:34 PM
    There's actually a small list for me but an important one.

Widgets
    App interoperability
    Direct file system management
    Google Now
    Ability to set app defaults.

So far iOS doesn't have even one of those. Not to any degree that I'd call worthwhile. They have the potential for growth with their notification widgets but it'll be years before it fleshes out.
    Obviously those things are not important to the iHorde.
    02-11-2015 02:57 PM
    As far as i consider
    1. Price
    2. Removable parts
    3. Features
    4. Ease of use
    5. Open source eco system
    6. Customisable UI
    7. Cross platform nature
    02-12-2015 05:45 AM
    Customization.

On this otherwise brilliant iPhone 6+ there is no real customization. One has to jailbreak their iPhone for that and the Dark Artists have not developed a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3 yet.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •
    02-12-2015 06:49 AM
    To me the part that is no comparison is the notification UI. Android 5.0 destroys iOS 8 hands down. You literally have to not be aware of what Android can do for you on the notification UI to think that the iOS one is "teh awesome". My favorite thing is when I have several audio apps that are pinned to the notification shade for easy resume. That's just awesome and I'm surprised Apple didn't think of it. In fact it seems that MS is more intent on copying Apple instead of Google, which is a mistake.
    03-11-2015 02:13 AM
    Reasons why I prefer Android over ios

1) It's not ios
    smoledman likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:24 AM
    Me too !!
    03-11-2015 04:27 AM
    I used to like iOS fine...for years I did. I could happily use it and enjoy the hardware. ...but something has happened...to me. It seems that for some inexplicable reason I can only enjoy android now. So my iPhone 6+ has...gotta go. I must be getting old or something.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍✒
    03-11-2015 05:23 AM
    MTP Storage
    03-15-2015 06:26 AM
    My current four reasons for preferring Android of iOS are

1. The Note Edge
    2. The Note 4
    3. The Note 3
    4. The Alpha

...but there are a plethora of things that I could add to that like nearly unlimited flexibility that Android offers.

I tried very hard to enjoy an iPhone 6+ but with the abive 4 reasons in my backpack I just couldn't really do it.

📐♻from the dark side of the n.Edge✒
    03-15-2015 07:23 AM
    My current four reasons for preferring Android of iOS are

1. The Note Edge
    2. The Note 4
    3. The Note 3
    4. The Alpha

...but there are a plethora of things that I could add to that like nearly unlimited flexibility that Android offers.

I tried very hard to enjoy an iPhone 6+ but with the abive 4 reasons in my backpack I just couldn't really do it.

♻from the dark side of the n.Edge✒
    Still until the Galaxy S6 came out no Android manufacturer had a device that truly could compete with the iPhone on so many levels.
    03-15-2015 12:21 PM
    Still until the Galaxy S6 came out no Android manufacturer had a device that truly could compete with the iPhone on so many levels.
    You'll have to forgive me for disagreeing. I feel my Note Edge and Note 4 are superior to anything Apple has ever released. That's why I only kept my iPhone 6+ for 1.5 months before selling it. The Note Edge and Note 4 are excruciatingly complete and awesome devices, IMO.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶
    Tatt2014 and WeAreAllUnique like this.
    03-15-2015 04:04 PM
    iTunes is a disaster
    03-16-2015 12:04 PM
84 123 ...