Best phones in regards to battery endurance (and overall, I suppose)?

anon(590893)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the point where my contract is due and it's time to get a new phone. I got a Moto X (2014) and I like it, but the battery life is not up to my taste. I knew it wouldn't be superb, but I need something a bit stronger (or at the very least, one that'll go into the night with more than 50% with light-moderate use). What phones of this generation that are widely available (so no Droid Turbo) seem to be/are good calls for battery endurance? I'm thinking of returning the X for either the Nexus 6 or the M8. Thoughts?

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Buy a power bank or backup battery because most people will answer this question based on their usage not yours... I've seen it on almost any thread questions about battery life.

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

anon(590893)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Already have two on hand. However, I'd like to not have to use them unless it's an absolute emergency, if that makes any sense? Good call.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The Turbo is being re-branded as the Moto Maxx and the Moto X Play and if I were to hazard a guess there'll be a version compatible with Sprint and AT&T. If you don't want to wait for that, and the Sony Xperia Z3 is compatible with your carrier check it out, it's an excellent all-around phone with great battery life.

But, everyone's usage can vary. Also, what people tend to forget to state with these questions is what is most important to them and in what order, e.g. carrier compatibility, camera, UI, expandable storage, speaker quality, reception, removable battery, waterproofing/resistance, ect.. It's hard to recommend a phone without knowledge of those things.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The two phones I've used this year that have had insane batrery life have been my xperia and One plus one. Was a blast not ever worrying about that. Good luck!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the Sony xperia z3 compact. Sold it for the Moto X. Quickly sold that, and went back the the z3c. The battery life is insane . It also has battery stamina options which really helps if you won't be near a charger for a couple days. Size is friggen sweet too. I'll stay with these compact high end phones from Sony and hope they always make them.

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
One of the biggest thing people forget is that as far as battery-killing features, it's tough to beat the screen itself. A larger screen will draw more power then a small one, and LCD will draw more then an AMOLED one.

Sadly larger screens tend to be on the high-end phones that also pack a larger battery and better power-saving features. I just got an LG G3, and I miss the AMOLED screen of my previous device (Galaxy S4), not only for the colors but also the efficiancy of the how the AMOLED display works.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm at the point where my contract is due and it's time to get a new phone. I got a Moto X (2014) and I like it, but the battery life is not up to my taste. I knew it wouldn't be superb, but I need something a bit stronger (or at the very least, one that'll go into the night with more than 50% with light-moderate use). What phones of this generation that are widely available (so no Droid Turbo) seem to be/are good calls for battery endurance? I'm thinking of returning the X for either the Nexus 6 or the M8. Thoughts?

Every review I've read raves about the 2 day battery life on the Sony Xperia Z3.

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 lasts all day easily. I'm a truck driver and spend hours on the phone. At the end of the day I still usually have around 50%. That's 10 to 12 hour days too.

Posted via the Android Central App

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
From all of the reviews I've seen, your best bets battery-wise looks to be the Note 4 and Z3 Compact.

As stated above, "best phone" can vary depending upon what the most important criteria are to each individual. I'll just say that I think the best phone in terms of overall features is the Note 4.

As a Droid Turbo owner, I feel like I should note that it can be used on others carriers by swapping out sim cards. There are some settings that need to be changed and I'm not sure about any other specifics. So there's that...