These are the features that I think would be nice to see in the next version of Android, do you agree with them? What features do you wish for? What do you think could still use some material design love? Keep in mind that alot of these could be done through app updates! Anyway here are my list of features:
    1. Split screen multitasking
    This is a feature that some OEM's have already added to their software. By adding this feature google would be fighting fragmentation and adding this feature to more phones and tablets would decrease the learning curve for someone who changes phone. If google want their tablets to suceed they need to add this feature before Apple and now that phones have become so big it makes sense for them to have this aswell.
    2. Play-Store / App improvements:
    Numerous little enhancements to the play store that I feel I would love including easier navigation, change log for updates, progress bar for downloads/updates, app bundles, better App sorting to show off better apps and help new developers, more control over App permissions, family sharing and block the deletion of Google/OS apps (only stock android and/or can be turned off in developer options). That last one may sound strange but it would help a lot of users because the current system of defaults and not having all google/system apps depending on ROM etc is confusing to some people and added simplicity would help with Android's image.
    3. Android Wear improvements
    Pretty basic; add a good looking app drawer, more material design and more no-phone needed features.
    4.Uninstall apps faster
    If you have lots of bloatware or need/want to uninstall lots of apps quickly than this would be great. If you have used an IOS device for a long amoutn of time you will probably know what I mean.
    5.Hangouts + Google Messenger widgets and quick-reply
    Even Gmail has a widget am I the only person that thinks that would be cool.
    6.Small Settings Enhancements + NFC Enhancements
    Easier Access to defaults with added options like "Hide or Don't install apps that will replace defaults" for added simplicity and userability, view/control app permissions easily an control than with ease and depth without making it too complex (perhaps ask when the app tries todo that function within the app because giving a list of permissions when installing can be scary.), more control over notifications (eg toggle heads-up and duration of heads-up for each app), manual control over what goes in your quick-settings (heard that it was ONLY automatic in lollipop.)

I would like to see NFC used for more things (suggestions anyone?) and better options/toggles for it. Security toggles such as "Allow ___ to use NFC" and " Allow ___ to receive ___ from a NFC device" and "Allow NFC devices or tags to alter settings" etc would be a great addition.
    7.Bring back notification and lockscreen widgets
    I really want a calculator in my notifications panel and Google Keep only a swipe away on my lock screen.
    8.More Material Design
    Personally I think that folders and the "power-off" button need a refresh. The power-off button could change to the now removed in lollipop unlock-ring mechanism with a darkened or blurred background. "Slide to power off"... I think it would look great.
    9. Improved developement experience and API's
    Apple introduced Metal and Swift both made development and preformance better for the IOS platform maybe its Google's time to address this. The app-data sharing could be improved by locking it down (more secure and developer efficient) but not as much as IOS 8 App Extensions.
    10. Google Now improvements
    Already the best around but could gain some custom ROM features such as "Take a screenshot" or "Take a selfie" or custom phrases.
    11.Air Play Alternative
    Sure "Android Beam" uses NFC and is more secure and works everywhere but Airplay is faster and easier.
    12.Continuity Alternative
    Sure apps like Pushbullet and Motorola Connect have had this functionality for a long time but with Apple behind this (followed now by Samsung) I think that its time that it came to stock Android.
    13. Full Device Backup
    With computer-cable device restore and potentially backing up to the cloud (if you have the data!)
    11-15-2014 01:56 AM
    These are the features that I think would be nice to see in the next version of Android, do you agree with them? What features do you wish for? What do you think could still use some material design love? Keep in mind that alot of these could be done through app updates! Anyway here are my list of features:
    1. Split screen multitasking
    This is a feature that some OEM's have already added to their software. By adding this feature google would be fighting fragmentation and adding this feature to more phones and tablets would decrease the learning curve for someone who changes phone. If google want their tablets to suceed they need to add this feature before Apple and now that phones have become so big it makes sense for them to have this aswell.
    2. Play-Store / App improvements:
    Numerous little enhancements to the play store that I feel I would love including easier navigation, change log for updates, progress bar for downloads/updates, app bundles, better App sorting to show off better apps and help new developers, more control over App permissions, family sharing and block the deletion of Google/OS apps (only stock android and/or can be turned off in developer options). That last one may sound strange but it would help a lot of users because the current system of defaults and not having all google/system apps depending on ROM etc is confusing to some people and added simplicity would help with Android's image.
    3. Android Wear improvements
    Pretty basic; add a good looking app drawer, more material design and more no-phone needed features.
    4.Uninstall apps faster
    If you have lots of bloatware or need/want to uninstall lots of apps quickly than this would be great. If you have used an IOS device for a long amoutn of time you will probably know what I mean.
    5.Hangouts + Google Messenger widgets and quick-reply
    Even Gmail has a widget am I the only person that thinks that would be cool.
    6.Small Settings Enhancements + NFC Enhancements
    Easier Access to defaults with added options like "Hide or Don't install apps that will replace defaults" for added simplicity and userability, view/control app permissions easily an control than with ease and depth without making it too complex (perhaps ask when the app tries todo that function within the app because giving a list of permissions when installing can be scary.), more control over notifications (eg toggle heads-up and duration of heads-up for each app), manual control over what goes in your quick-settings (heard that it was ONLY automatic in lollipop.)

I would like to see NFC used for more things (suggestions anyone?) and better options/toggles for it. Security toggles such as "Allow ___ to use NFC" and " Allow ___ to receive ___ from a NFC device" and "Allow NFC devices or tags to alter settings" etc would be a great addition.
    7.Bring back notification and lockscreen widgets
    I really want a calculator in my notifications panel and Google Keep only a swipe away on my lock screen.
    8.More Material Design
    Personally I think that folders and the "power-off" button need a refresh. The power-off button could change to the now removed in lollipop unlock-ring mechanism with a darkened or blurred background. "Slide to power off"... I think it would look great.
    9. Improved developement experience and API's
    Apple introduced Metal and Swift both made development and preformance better for the IOS platform maybe its Google's time to address this. The app-data sharing could be improved by locking it down (more secure and developer efficient) but not as much as IOS 8 App Extensions.
    10. Google Now improvements
    Already the best around but could gain some custom ROM features such as "Take a screenshot" or "Take a selfie" or custom phrases.
    11.Air Play Alternative
    Sure "Android Beam" uses NFC and is more secure and works everywhere but Airplay is faster and easier.
    12.Continuity Alternative
    Sure apps like Pushbullet and Motorola Connect have had this functionality for a long time but with Apple behind this (followed now by Samsung) I think that its time that it came to stock Android.
    13. Full Device Backup
    With computer-cable device restore and potentially backing up to the cloud (if you have the data!)
    I bet android M will be named marshmallow or M&M

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    11-16-2014 01:06 AM