What Is The Best Lightweight Browser For Android?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am using Firefox now and it works okay. Better than chrome in some ways.

Posted via the Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The stock Samsung browser for me. It works, and I don't need another app on the phone.

AC App on SGS3

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
UC is the best for me even though it consumes more data than i would like. Opera mini refuses to work properly on my Moto phone. Chrome i completely avoid because its a data hog and slow even on 3G and buggy. The data saving mode in UC does not seem to save any data it appears although i like the various features in UC like day/night mode and page pre loading etc.

mickeycoding

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Opera Mini at the moment. I'm inclined to try others because despite being fast, Opera Mini lacks certain browsing capability. Or maybe it's just me. Example:

1. unable to load javascript from certain sites properly.
2. When tapping on a link, it would re-load the same page. Over and over again.
3. Closing a tab would not immediately stop it from loading the closed tab web page content (data drainer). I have to close the app to make it stop.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about "lightweight", but I've been searching for the "fastest" browser on my Nexus 7. I've been using Puffin Browser lately and have been pretty impressed.

I previously switched between Firefox, Dolphin and Boat Browser, and also tried Maxthon and Opera Mini. For now, those have all been uninstalled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Andrei Serban

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Puffin Browser is one of the fastest, lightweight browsers out there. So if this is the only thing you consider when choosing a browser then you should definitely check Puffin. I don't recommend it though. The difference between all browsers is not that noticeable when it comes to speed specially on latest devices. I recommend the one that suits you best when it comes to "feeling". I much rather have a nice,slower browser than a fast, bad looking one. Just my 2 cents :D

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
When I had a Nexus 10 that was constantly overheating and freezing up, Dolphin was the one browser that worked well enough to keep me from tossing my tablet out the window.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Opera Mini at the moment. I'm inclined to try others because despite being fast, Opera Mini lacks certain browsing capability. Or maybe it's just me. Example:

1. unable to load javascript from certain sites properly.
2. When tapping on a link, it would re-load the same page. Over and over again.
3. Closing a tab would not immediately stop it from loading the closed tab web page content (data drainer). I have to close the app to make it stop.

You are not alone, especially with your 1st 2 points. I experience that daily. I use a mix of Opera Mini (light browsing) and Chrome (heavy browsing).

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My favorite light browser is UC Mini. It offers the best compromise in terms of usability and data savings. The old opera mini just sucks and has a lot of issues and the new opera mini is still not as good as UC mini.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC