I have a GS3 (Verizon) and I'm eligible for upgrade in a few days. I think I've narrowed my choices down to the S5 or the HTC One M8. My question is should I pull the trigger now or wait for a bit because something is coming down the line worth waiting for? I'm not interested in waiting two or three months, but I've had the misfortune in the past of buying something only to miss out on the new model/better option by a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice!
    11-26-2014 08:53 AM
    I have a GS3 (Verizon) and I'm eligible for upgrade in a few days. I think I've narrowed my choices down to the S5 or the HTC One M8. My question is should I pull the trigger now or wait for a bit because something is coming down the line worth waiting for? I'm not interested in waiting two or three months, but I've had the misfortune in the past of buying something only to miss out on the new model/better option by a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice!
    Upgrade to GS5 now. No point in waiting, all phones are out now, and the GS5 is still overall one of the best phones you can buy, camera is by far better than the M8, and is IP67 rated for dust and water.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bcontento likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:11 AM
    Yeah everything that is out is out now. All the new stuff won't be coming til early spring so you'd have to wait as long as you said you didn't want to. So go for it! Might as well take advantage of the sales.
    A895 likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:23 AM
    Might as well take advantage of the sales.
    Now, the next issue is that my upgrade isn't ripe until 12/7. I'm going to miss Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing by a week! I called Amazon to inquire about pre-buying to lock in pricing, but no-go. Any thoughts on this? Target's Black Friday offerings include the S5 for $.01, but not sure if that's only on a new contract or for upgrades as well.
    11-26-2014 10:28 AM
    Now, the next issue is that my upgrade isn't ripe until 12/7. I'm going to miss Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing by a week! I called Amazon to inquire about pre-buying to lock in pricing, but no-go. Any thoughts on this? Target's Black Friday offerings include the S5 for $.01, but not sure if that's only on a new contract or for upgrades as well.
    Stores also do christmas sales as well, so I bet there will still be some sales on the GS5 in December.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bcontento likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:43 AM