My upgrade is later this month and I cannot decide what phone would be good for me, so i'm looking for some feedback and suggestions.

So I'm looking at the LG G3, Nexus 6, Iphone 6, OnePlus One, HTC One M8 or M9 when its released. I do not like Samsung at all and i'm not too fond of apple either but the iphone 6 is intriguing. I'm also open to any other phone that i didn't mention.

Currently I have the HTC One M7, my first smartphone was the HTC Inspire, then the One X, then the One X+ and I loved every single HTC phone I've had, I would go with the M8 but its already been out for awhile Which is why i'm considering waiting for the One M9.The only thing I don't like about my M8 is the camera has this horrible purple hue in even slightly dim light, can't even take a picture unless i'm in a full lit room and I use to take pic of live music and the sad part is that just started happening, I've had crystal clear photos of near pitch black music stages.

I mainly use my phone for email, web browsing, certain apps like the world of warcraft app and music, like 99% music. I don't play games on it, I rarely use apps (installed like 10). I use google play music to store and play all of my music so i don't even connect my phone to a PC.Also streaming apps that can support chromecast like netflix, hulu, hbo go, etc. I do take pictures on occasions at music shows or hobbies, but I'm not the kind that take thousands of pics. I primarily like the design of the phone since they all can do what I just stated, a nice aluminum body or similar nice frame, good sound output, and I like the headphone jack on the bottom.

As i said i use my phone for music almost every chance, at school, at work, bluetooth in the car.
    12-01-2014 01:20 PM
    If you're waiting, the G4 is also going to release around the same time as the M9.

Since they all do what you need, I'd say to look at what each phone has that is exclusive/unique to that phone (Ex: Back buttons on the G3, front facing speakers on the M8/N6, etc).

If you use a lot BT, the iPhone 6 might be a good choice since it's standby time is incredible, even when streaming stuff. Not sure how you feel about iOS.

If you watch a lot of media, maybe the M8 is a better choice with the front facing speakers and slightly larger screen.

If you like fast updates and the stock Android experience, get the Nexus 6. The OPO is good, but the process for getting that phone is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
    12-01-2014 02:21 PM
    My upgrade is later this month and I cannot decide what phone would be good for me, so i'm looking for some feedback and suggestions.

So I'm looking at the LG G3, Nexus 6, Iphone 6, OnePlus One, HTC One M8 or M9 when its released. I do not like Samsung at all and i'm not too fond of apple either but the iphone 6 is intriguing. I'm also open to any other phone that i didn't mention.

Currently I have the HTC One M7, my first smartphone was the HTC Inspire, then the One X, then the One X+ and I loved every single HTC phone I've had, I would go with the M8 but its already been out for awhile Which is why i'm considering waiting for the One M9.The only thing I don't like about my M8 is the camera has this horrible purple hue in even slightly dim light, can't even take a picture unless i'm in a full lit room and I use to take pic of live music and the sad part is that just started happening, I've had crystal clear photos of near pitch black music stages.

I mainly use my phone for email, web browsing, certain apps like the world of warcraft app and music, like 99% music. I don't play games on it, I rarely use apps (installed like 10). I use google play music to store and play all of my music so i don't even connect my phone to a PC.Also streaming apps that can support chromecast like netflix, hulu, hbo go, etc. I do take pictures on occasions at music shows or hobbies, but I'm not the kind that take thousands of pics. I primarily like the design of the phone since they all can do what I just stated, a nice aluminum body or similar nice frame, good sound output, and I like the headphone jack on the bottom.

As i said i use my phone for music almost every chance, at school, at work, bluetooth in the car.
    Nexus 6 all day along.
    12-01-2014 03:10 PM
    Thank you for the reply, what you mentioned is exactly why I was looking for suggestions.

G3 / G4 - love the screen love how the phone feels, but not sure about the OS and the back buttons

HTC - all time favorite phones, don't really want to get the M8 since its already 10 months old but not sure if i want to wait till march either

Nexus - a powerhouse that i've always liked but i'm not a big fan of stock android

iphone 6 - its bigger, the ios is less ios and more android now, i know that the apps i use and music will work on it...but its apple

i guess i'm looking for personal opinions and experiences, like if the stock android good or it the os on G3 is good, if the back buttons are annoying or if the battery life sucks.

I know i can get all of this answered in reviews and any phone can do what i use them for, its a preference thing and i'm looking for feedback about the pros and cons of the phones.
    12-02-2014 12:54 PM
    Moto X!!!! Why does everyone over look this phone? I'd also recommend the Sony Xperia Z3 (and Z3 compact).

Why don't you like stock Android? Personally, I don't like any of the skins that LG, HTC, or Samsung put on their phones...stock all the way.

Also, IMHO you sound like a perfect candidate for the iPhone 6 based on your usage description.
    12-02-2014 02:28 PM
    Thank you for the reply, what you mentioned is exactly why I was looking for suggestions.

G3 / G4 - love the screen love how the phone feels, but not sure about the OS and the back buttons

HTC - all time favorite phones, don't really want to get the M8 since its already 10 months old but not sure if i want to wait till march either

Nexus - a powerhouse that i've always liked but i'm not a big fan of stock android

iphone 6 - its bigger, the ios is less ios and more android now, i know that the apps i use and music will work on it...but its apple

i guess i'm looking for personal opinions and experiences, like if the stock android good or it the os on G3 is good, if the back buttons are annoying or if the battery life sucks.

I know i can get all of this answered in reviews and any phone can do what i use them for, its a preference thing and i'm looking for feedback about the pros and cons of the phones.
    What's wrong with Apple? Seems like your only complaint is the company... I did the same thing with my laptop, but ended up just getting a Macbook Pro after returning two Windows laptops. They have solid hardware, so if you don't have a problem with the OS I'd say it's worth a try. Otherwise, it seems like your best bet would be to wait for the M9
    12-02-2014 04:31 PM
    Hey, i am somehow in the same boat as you are, wanting to upgrade to an HTC phone yet it is too old and i don't know if i can continue till March, but i can help you someway!

For the iPhone, if you can live with iOS, and since you don't connect it to your PC, it is a good choice EXCEPT if you download mp3 songs, which you cannot do on iPhone, and yes i am also a guy who uses his phone for music like 70%, and iPhone has a great output that you will like, fluid OS and nice design, the screen is just too nice to not look at, but again it is iOS and i just hate how they make you not do anything at all except if they let you, which is bad, but aside of that it is an amazing device you would love it

For LG, the G3 skin is so customizable, you can do a lot of things, but the problem is that it is somehow like touchwiz, it is not fluid like htc or stock android, but it is better than touchwiz, so i cannot give you a great answer for that, you have to try it out and see yourself, and it also does deliver sound great clear and you will like it

For the Nexus, Moto x, since you do listen to music a lot, i have heard that they don't sound great compared to HTC and Apple, LG... but aside of their output, Nexus means update yet freedom, but it is big, really BIG, and for the Moto x, it is like a mini Nexus with addons from motorola that i like, not to mention the great price point of it, and you make your own moto so that's a plus, i would prefer moto x rather than a nexus just my opinion

mentioning the price, Oneplus One is a great device as well, i laid my hand on it and used it for a while, great screen, great price, superb battery, if you like tweaking with your phone and rooting and stuff it is perfect, the sound is okay in my opinion, i preferred the htc more though, it is solid and little big, but mainly i didn't take it because the company is just new and the device isn't stable like other devices like Nexus or htc, still does have bugs around and it ain't great to have them, but if you're okay with these little stuff it is okay, rear camera in it is really nice and i liked it, and the front camera is, smh.. biggest points of this device is, the price, the battery, and also even more freedom

i used to have the M8 phone, except that i got it stolen, and i got to tell you i find the camera is being underrated, i am not the kind of guys who would shot photos in the sunlight at all, i am the kind of guys who takes pictures inside buildings more often or in the night, the camera is really clear and nice to have especially in the dark where it really rocks, and the focus is insanely fast, if you are not serious into photography (even tho photographers do use it just fine) i would say you won't be bothered with the M8, oh and your M7 is damaged, you won't see any purple colors using the M8 at all... but if you really care more about it, or that you take pictures in the light more than the dark, the new htc phone will deliver a 20.7 mg sony camera, you will love it probably..

Lastly the Xperia Z3, i do own a Z1 compact right now, and i got to tell you man i am going to sell that phone because the volume on it is TOO LOW, and it is not just my phone it is every Xperia phone including Z2 and Z3, if you, however, listen to songs in low volume (for me i used to pump the volume on the M8 one bar left to maximum) it would be a really a great choice, great build quality and great battery and also front facing speakers with waterproof.

that is about all i know from all these phones, i have been biased to be honest on some points like the Nexus, but i really just wrote my own opinion and if you want more information being unbiased and it is just more detailed about any of these phones in any matter i would really love to help , good luck!
    12-16-2014 07:18 PM
    Sounds like the iPhone 6 would be a good choice for you. Is there a particular reason that you dislike Apple so much?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2014 09:46 PM
    M9

Jim Lloyd
    12-16-2014 10:48 PM