In regards to the LTE conference call and Mid-2011 phones

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to try and clear the air about what was said on the teleconference on Monday. During the main presentation, Dan Mead did say that phones would be coming by Mid-2011, but if you listened to the Q&A afterwards this was challenged by a listener. I can't remember what news outlet he was from, but one curious attendant asked why we are now hearing conflicting information. We were told recently by someone at Verizon (if somebody remembers this or knows who, please help cite my reference) that we would see LTE phones in early-2011, and this listener wanted to know what was true. Dan Mead clarified that when he said mid-2011 he was saying thats when we will see mass adoption of phones with LTE, but that we can still expect to see hardware early in the year.

I heard this while listening to the teleconference live (thanks for the access code, Black_Man_X!), but if you want to listen to the whole call, you can download it here. Click on the Audio tab on the box in the middle of the page to stream the audio.

EDIT: I went back and listened to the call, and at around 25 minutes is the question I'm talking about. It was asked by Matt from Computer World. The "someone at Verizon" he mentioned was CEO Ivan Seidenberg, and the time frame he mentioned was February.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax