Which phone manufacturer's these days have removable batteries in their phones?

Posted via the amazing Moto G
    12-25-2014 05:59 AM
    Samsung
    LG
    12-25-2014 06:35 AM
    Why don't other manufacturers have replaceable batteries in their phones?

The big print giveth, the small print taketh
    01-03-2015 04:32 PM
    Why don't other manufacturers have replaceable batteries in their phones?
    Same reason 2010 Honda Cicics didn't come in a really bright red. (Someone gets paid big bucks, so he has to come up with ideas. "Let's not let the user replace the battery" is an idea.)

You're asking for logic from the marketing department. That's like asking a cow to give eggs. AFAIC, all cellphones, Apple included, ahould have replaceable batteries. (Even just for the case of thermal runaway - I'd rather watch the battery burn [from a safe distance upwind - lithium is poisonous] than watch my phone melt.) I normally carry a spare fully charged battery and swap them if needed. (And once a month if needed or not.) I've been doing it for years. And my 2003 OEM batteries in my spare phone are still giving me about 95% performance.

That's one reason I own a Note 3, not an M8. The M8 is a great phone, HTC has a great policy - but I don't want to disassemble the phone when I have to swap batteries.
    01-03-2015 04:45 PM
    I know they aren't Android, but Nokia (now Microsoft) and Blackberry make phones with removable batteries. They also have expandable storage.

The Korean LG phones have removable batteries.

Like the other poster said, it seems like a marketing ploy for phones in the US market to not have removable batteries or expandable storage. Consumers are getting ripped off here and we don't even know it.
    01-04-2015 09:14 AM
    I'm guessing that phones, on average, are replaced quicker than their batteries are expected to wear out.

Removable batteries require more R&D time... which adds some cost. Some OEMs must think it's not worth it. To be honest, in the long run I don't think it's that big an issue either. Non removable batteries certainly haven't hurt Apple, no?

I've owned phones that had both fixed and removable... didn't make a difference to me since I've never had to replace a battery not have I ever felt the need to carry a spare. I actually don't know anyone personally that carries a spare battery either...

People have a tendency to put too much emphasis on the features they think are important... thinking that since they weight something high, everyone else should think the same way. In the grand scheme of things, removable batteries just don't appear to be a critical feature.... If they were, they'd all have them.
    01-04-2015 09:39 PM