New android tablet

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have been given a low priced android tablet for xmas and all my devices are Apple, except my PC, eg IPhones (2) and I have always owned iPads 3 in all. I am not used to android and would like to receive my sms on this device, can I do this. My phone as I said is Iphone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I don't think this is possible; or if it is, there would be so many hoops to jump through that it may not be worth it.

Justin Stepp

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There is an app where you can link a phone to a tablet using Bluetooth send and receive text messages but I doubt it would be compatible with iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If both people are using Hangouts can't you send and receive text online?

Jim Lloyd

You can send Hangouts messages to each other, if you know the other person's email address (or they yours) to initiate the chat.

This is where the Hangouts integration for texting has confused people, while you can use Hangouts to send a text, it's not the same as iMessage where those sync across devices.

The only way to text from the tablet would be to sign up for Google Voice and text using that number. Hangouts can then be set up to be your text client for GV and you can use any device that is signed in to your Google account to send those text messages.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Verizon, they have a messenger app that will sync across devices. It's called message+

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool