So, I dunno if anyone else has had this happen to them, but when I went to get on the market to do my daily searching for new and useful apps I'd like to try, it prompted a window asking for Google signature and it gave me one of those squiggly letter security codes to input. Has anyone else had this happen to them. I put the letters in because I wanted to get on the market but I would like to know why all of a sudden this happened.
    12-08-2010 09:22 AM
    Is this maybe something new Google implemented? I haven't seen this yet, but it's peculiar. Possibly a part of the most recent Market update which brought the "Related" tab.
    12-08-2010 09:23 AM
    Is this maybe something new Google implemented? I haven't seen this yet, but it's peculiar. Possibly a part of the most recent Market update which brought the "Related" tab.
    I thought of that, but my market updated on 12/3 and I've been on it a thousand times since then. I would think that this authentication thing would have been rolled out the same time I got the updated market.
    12-08-2010 09:29 AM
    I thought of that, but my market updated on 12/3 and I've been on it a thousand times since then. I would think that this authentication thing would have been rolled out the same time I got the updated market.
    Maybe it only gets triggered on certain events, such as an extended period inactivity with the Market on your phone? It could also just be something Google implemented after the market update, much like the content ratings.
    12-08-2010 09:33 AM
    Maybe it only gets triggered on certain events, such as an extended period inactivity with the Market on your phone? It could also just be something Google implemented after the market update, much like the content ratings.
    That could very well be. I just don't want anything to be wrong with my device or my Google account. My Gmail and everything else is working, and I am connected to the market now so all is normal. I was just surprised, that's all.
    12-08-2010 09:44 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if it accepted your CAPACHA input, then you should be fine. It's probably a good thing, actually. More security the better...usually.
    12-08-2010 09:48 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if it accepted your CAPACHA input, then you should be fine. It's probably a good thing, actually. More security the better...usually.
    good point
    12-08-2010 09:56 AM