It's my phone and my service.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I paid cash upfront for my Nexus 4, I have premium cellular phone service. I should be able to do whatever I want, including block any and all Texts as well as Telephone calls to me from those not in my Contacts.

When Google denied the ability to Block Text in KitKat it immediately aligned it self up with the Spammers, T-Mobile and ATT are paying people back for crammed Texts. I pay a premium for my phone and don't want to be bullied by Google, by ATT nor by T-Mobile.

I want to perform what should be a simple thing, Block any and all Texts and Calls from those who are not in my Contacts. Plain and simple but Google is getting out of control by putting itself above it's customers.

The current process of having to get a spam text or call first, then adding it to your contacts then ignoring them is bull shxt and it won't be long before my contacts are overwhelmed with spam numbers. This is unacceptable. Google your starting to Pisx me off ! Blackberry is starting to look good again.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You can try Phone Warrior, you can block any calls or texts. You can even spam spammers numbers on social media if you want, I think. It's a cool little app.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Googling "android call blocker whitelist" gives a half dozen results - have you tried those?

One thing to remember, Android ( or AOSP, technically ) is a very basic framework. Google wants the user to be able to customize the experience of using their system. Refinements like this are left to third party developers to figure out on purpose.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Googling "android call blocker whitelist" gives a half dozen results - have you tried those?

One thing to remember, Android ( or AOSP, technically ) is a very basic framework. Google wants the user to be able to customize the experience of using their system. Refinements like this are left to third party developers to figure out on purpose.

So far all I've found are white lists apps for phone calls, I may be wrong but texts and calls seem to be treated as two distinct functions. ?