Do you think there will still be Android tablets/Ipads in 5 years time?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you think there will still be Android tablets and Ipads in 5 years time? I really hope so Because not everyone wants a Windows 8 tablet as they mostly prefer to use Android tablets or Ipads.

And all so i don't really want to use Windows 8(or 10 in the future) on a 8.4 inch tablet as i prefer to use Android or IOS on a 8 inch tablet.

What do you think everyone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as people buy Android, there will be Android devices.

As long as people buy iPhones, there will be iPhones.

It's Windows phones I'd worry about still being here in 5 years. They didn't last that long the last 2 times Microsoft tried to get into the portable device business.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you think there will still be Android tablets and Ipads in 5 years time? I really hope so Because not everyone wants a Windows 8 tablet as they mostly prefer to use Android tablets or Ipads.

And all so i don't really want to use Windows 8(or 10 in the future) on a 8.4 inch tablet as i prefer to use Android or IOS on a 8 inch tablet.

What do you think everyone?

I don't want any kind tablet.

BB_Junky

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I used an ipad forever mind you my main device was my Z30. Since this N4 became my daily device, I haven't turned on my ipad because I'm not lacking the ecosystem anymore.

Sent flawlessly from my Note 4

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been discussing something like this with some friends recently.
I have no doubt what-so-ever that Android will be around and be a Big thing.

But, in 5 years, mobile processors will be as powerful as current laptop processors and maybe even desktop processors.
Given that, will mobile operating systems even be needed any more?
OSX may show up on a tablet with this "iPad Pro" rumor. or maybe a hybrid OS of OSX and iOS.

Microsoft keeps making windows "lighter and lighter" so as of Windows 10, any app made will run on anything from the phone to a desktop.

My Question would be, what will happen to Android. I have no doubt they will still be here, but of the 3 phone operating systems, android is the only one that doesn't have a full desktop version that can also run x86 level programs. I don't see a phone being able to run Final Cut Pro or the like, even 5 years from now.

Android tablet support is still not that great. Most android tablets just run phone apps blown up. Some developers are remaking apps for tablets to make the experience better but not nearly as many as iOS developers. I personally wouldn't even try an android tablet for this very reason. To be fair, I don't own an iPad either, but if I were to buy a tablet, it would be iPad or Surface Pro 3 (no RT garbage).

Anyways, Good question. With cloud computing being the future, android may be the only OS needed. Maybe we won't even need "desktop" operating systems. Who knows. As of right now, a chromebook isn't a computer and could never replace my desktop.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
In the next 5 years, we will have 5 -10 Gbps internet for consumer use. Phones will exist just probably in a more wearable form., like an ear piece. Tablets will have a extreme zero gap screen,with the ability to control your entire house, it would project up to 100 inches. 1gbps + on phones.. LTE will be the next edge. Can't think of anything ATM but there's a lot more.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR