Sony's mobile division may be in trouble.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
What do you think about the possibility of Sony selling their mobile business? I have a month old Xperia Z2 and it is my first Sony smartphone. I love everything about it. But now I am starting to think that I made a wrong decision...

Last edited:

osallent

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sony's mobile division going down.

Why did you make a wrong decision? It is a wonderful device and will continue to work even if Sony 's cell division is no more. Besides, Google does most updates to Android these days through its playstore apps, so even if it doesn't get a version update it will still get the security updates and other updates via app updates.

Post made possible by Sony Xperia Z3 via the Android Central App

Heart Beat Games

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sony's mobile division going down.

Agreed, Z-series devices works and feels great, looking forward to see Z3 - features. And no... i think that (atleast for now) they will not sell their mobile - department

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Samsung user but the Z3 would be 2nd on my list. Also the Z3 Compact is easily the best sub 5" smartphone on the market so it's surprising to hear about their financial woes. I can say though I've never seen a Z3 add anywhere. Maybe they need to step their marketing game up.

Posted via the Android Central App

upmyway 2015

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion, Sony with the Z3,Z4 series goes now besides the Samsung series. They made strong efforts to come back from the Sony-Ericsson association and as far as I know, just gain some market shares. Hope they will be profitable soon...