Wow now even 1GB of Ram is no longer enough

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a phone with 1gb of ram and when i open multiple apps, the phone often closes the background apps.Why does Android need so much Ram that it can't even keep 3-4 apps open at a time?
For example if i open Tapatalk, UC browser and YouTube and when i switch to one of the other apps it closes the others. This does not happen all the time but happens often enough to be frustrating.
Android needs better Ram and app management. I am on stock kitkat 4.4.4 on Motorola.Does Lollipop fix this or is it worse?

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Somethings not right. Maybe a cache wipe would help. 3-4 apps isn't alot going on. If that doesn't fix it, I'd certainly consider a factory rest. I do however agree that 1gb of ram isn't enough these days. With the OS updates and all the new updates with apps, the older phones seem to struggle. I'm near doing a factory reset myself on my Maxx HD to see if it helps the general operations of my phone. It still runs fairly well, but not near as good as it did 2.5 years ago.

SnafuCode

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be a recurring issue on Android phones of late. My own Galaxy S3 included.

Can vouch for the fact that a cache wipe helped with performance.

I'd recommend giving CCleaner a go. It does more than just wipe the cache and gives you a good breakdown of where your ran is being eaten up :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance