It looks like Santa is filing up his sleigh this year with Android phones.

Best Buy's website shows that Android phones currently account for 14 of the top 20 best sellers this holiday season. Android has also edged out all but one of the "feature phones" that have been popular in the past.

Three versions of the BlackBerry Torch, as well as one BlackBerry Curve model are also in the top 20. Unlike recent years, Apple only has one model in the top 20, the iPhone 4 - 16 GB. Even the Palm Pre (ranked #66) beat out the iPhone 3 (#80). HTC takes 5 of the top slots, Samsung has 3, and LG has 4. Motorola does not have any phones in the Best Buy's top 20.

Not surprisingly, "free" phones account for 13 of these top 20 bestsellers. Although the contracts often total $1700 or more, consumers love anything that is "free".

over 300,000 a day. At that rate, Android would have accounted for 110 million sales a year. We can only guess what Android is at now.

When you put their phone under the tree, don't forget to tell them about Android Central and especially this link:
    Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Here are the top 20 best selling phones from Best Buy (with links to Android Central reviews):
    1. Android Google - Nexus S - Black (T-Mobile) $199
    2. Android HTC - DROID Incredible - Black (Verizon) $0
    3. Android HTC - Aria - Black (AT&T) $0
    4. BlackBerry - Torch 9800 - White (AT&T) $0
    5. BlackBerry - Torch 9800 - Black (AT&T) $0
    6. Android LG - Optimus S - Charcoal (Sprint) $0
    7. BlackBerry - Torch 9800 - Red (AT&T) $0
    8. Android LG - Optimus S - Purple (Sprint) $0
    9. Android Sony Ericsson - Xperia - Black (AT&T) $0
    10. Android HTC - EVO 4G - Black (Sprint) $199
    11. Android Sony Ericsson - Xperia - White (AT&T) $0
    12. Android Samsung - Fascinate - Black (Verizon) $0
    13. Apple - iPhone 4 with 16GB Memory - Black (AT&T) $199
    14. Android Samsung - Fascinate - White (Verizon) $49
    15. Android HTC - Hero - Silver (Sprint) $29
    16. BlackBerry - Curve - Graphite Gray (Sprint) $0
    17. Feature phone Samsung - Impression - Blue (AT&T) $0
    18. Android LG - Optimus T - Titanium (T-Mobile) $0
    19. Android Samsung - Vibrant - Black (T-Mobile) $99
    20. Android HTC - EVO 4G - White (Sprint) $199
    Here are the top 10 bestsellers from Amazon (with links to Android Central reviews):
    1. Android HTC - DROID Incredible (Verizon) $0.01
    2. Android Samsung Captivate (AT&T) $0.01
    3. Android Motorola DROID X (Verizon) $119.99
    4. Android HTC - EVO 4G (Sprint) $99.99
    5. BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone (AT&T) $79.99
    6. Android Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) $99.99
    7. Windows Samsung Focus (AT&T) $149.99
    8. Android Motorola DROID 2 Global, Sapphire (Verizon) $149.99
    9. Android Samsung - Fascinate (Verizon) $39.99
    10. Android Motorola DROID PRO (Verizon) $49.99
    DroidXcon likes this.
    12-20-2010 11:38 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for posting
    12-20-2010 12:00 PM
    That's interesting. Of course, overall sales are what the bean counters care about, not where those sales occur. Probably none of those phones beats the iPhone 4G in overall sales. I think most Apple people can't resist the make the purchase at the Apple store to get the full "experience." Are people really buying an Aria in droves? Curious.
    12-20-2010 12:21 PM
    The SE Xperia outselling the iPhone 4G? Mark Twain was right about statistics.LoL
    12-20-2010 12:29 PM
    The SE Xperia outselling the iPhone 4G? Mark Twain was right about statistics.LoL
    Im pretty sure thats an accurate number , the iphone 4g has been around for most the year and its Free, And this claim isnt accounting for the whole year at most its just a span of a couple days. im sure if you count months it would not even be close
    12-20-2010 12:38 PM
    If the question is who has had the best selling phone over the holidays, then a list breaks down the phones by color as they do in the first list, confuses things. No doubt BB wants to keep track of that data so they know what to stock, but what would those first set of numbers be if the colors were combined?
    01-11-2011 09:58 AM
    I'm happy to hear that _ Go Android Go.
    01-13-2011 07:45 AM
    Interesting. I wonder what percentage of iPhones are activated at either an Apple store or a corporate ATT store.
    01-19-2011 04:33 AM
    Around mid December, Android took all five of Japan's top selling phones, which includes feature phones. You will only recognize one of the phones here, as the rest are Japan specific phones.

Toshiba Regza IS04
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Docomo Lynx 3D
    Sharp AU IS03
    Sharp Galapagos

Android domination is global.
    01-20-2011 12:58 AM
    I believe it. Our carrier was having a holiday sale where all phones were free the week before Christmas, so my wife, daughter, and I went in and got new Android phones. My wife and I replaced our BlackBerry devices and this was our daughter's first smart phone.

While in the store (we had to wait about 45 minutes to speak with a sales rep), every sales person we saw was bringing out Android devices from the back. We were actually concerned they were going to run out before we got ours.

I'd say RIM would be watching the numbers as well, but with no real new BlackBerry devices being brought out right before the holiday season, they probably didn't count on very high holiday numbers.
    01-20-2011 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD