Proper battery charging and discharging?

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I find a wide array of different options regarding this subject and wonder your thoughts..

My practice is i generally let it go down to low 20's high teens before i charge my phone and i let it completely charge.. But at times although very rare i will put it on the charger at 90 - 80% and top it off .

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just charge whenever convenient. Bimonthly or so I let it go down to zero. (well, sometimes unintentionally)

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not worth obsessing over, but if you're determined to follow best practices, avoid full discharges and shallow charge cycles.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Let me sum up the link I provided. Don't start a charge if the battery is above 85-90% ands don't let it get down to shut off point too often for the best long term battery health. Starting a charge above the aforementioned can actually do more harm than letting it drain power down occasionally. I say occasionally because your battery and monitor of it on your phone can get out of sync if you're like me and rarely ever reboot the phone and letting it drop to the point where it shuts off and charging fully while it's off will restore the calibration accuracy.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<
Beast Mode 4

EPGames

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I just charge whenever convenient. Bimonthly or so I let it go down to zero. (well, sometimes unintentionally)

This is near to the best practice. Current bateries don't require too much attention to when you start to charge them or when you unplug the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty