2 10.53%
  • No - the Note isn't the S Line

1 5.26%
  • Other: please add the comment

3 15.79%
03-10-2015 11:09 AM
35 12
tools
    I guess most of us have read and reacted to the "new" Samsung and the direction they are taking with the S series. Given that the Note is seen as a productivity device - not as a fashion toy - with the S pen, it's awesome (removable!) battery do you think Samsung will destroy the series too by going form over function ? I mean, I'm planning to keep this phone longer than 2 years but if Samsung is going the Apple route their won't anything close to that great phablet. Also just looking at that gorgeaus baby with the wallet cover I think it's very elegant and premium so really no need at all to make it a sealed locked down device because it would go against the spirit of productivity.

So to be honest I'm very worried.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-06-2015 03:10 AM
    I am worried too. Removable battery is a must for me. I have a zero lemon extended battery and loving the fact I don't have to worry about charging until bed if I want. I can't make it through the day on the stock battery and don't have the option to charge it at work. I love being able to use my phone how want without having to worry about the battery. External SD card is a MUST have for me as well. I write novels and would hate for something to happen to my phone and loose all that hard work. I don't always have the option to back up to the cloud.
    quest7 likes this.
    03-06-2015 03:54 AM
    I would expect it will go down the same route. .they won't give S series metal and glass and not the note series.

The way you can get 4 hours battery in 10 mins charge removable won't matter much
    03-06-2015 04:05 AM
    I don't.

I currently have note 3. When it dies, I will just buy a note 4. Whatever samsung announces in the future, it won't be that much better than Note 4. (or even note 3 TBH).

They can make it anyway they want, I am good with cheaper, more functional note 4. Thanks sammi for saving us money!
    03-06-2015 04:20 AM
    I am worried too. Removable battery is a must for me. I have a zero lemon extended battery and loving the fact I don't have to worry about charging until bed if I want. I can't make it through the day on the stock battery and don't have the option to charge it at work. I love being able to use my phone how want without having to worry about the battery. External SD card is a MUST have for me as well. I write novels and would hate for something to happen to my phone and loose all that hard work. I don't always have the option to back up to the cloud.
    I fully agree with you, I have my sd cards structured and not interested in going online just to watch videos or listen to my music. Since I'm doing a lot of preparation for work/college on the go I need to be able exchange stuff quickly and offline between my phone, tablet and notebook so sd cards are essential.

As far as battery goes that's something I can't worry about because I need my Note to last me till bed time so 2 batteries are always with me, and the two other ones are in my backpack. I'm not using my phone as ac status icon or fashion symbol it's used to get stuff done and therefore I can't rely on the untrustworthy ☁ or on the go chargers.

So let's hope Samsung still understands the needs of us productivity customers
    quest7 and catberryday like this.
    03-06-2015 04:20 AM
    until i have absolutely no other options, i have to have an SD card and removable battery. those 2 options will force me to leave samsung if the next note doesnt have it.
    quest7 and H3aTeRzz like this.
    03-06-2015 04:30 AM
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...pecs-and-price
    Found this info..could be all hearsay but the way it reads the note 5 should have a removable battery and sd card support..guess it all depends on how you take this info.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-06-2015 04:55 AM
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...pecs-and-price
    Found this info..could be all hearsay but the way it reads the note 5 should have a removable battery and sd card support..guess it all depends on how you take this info.

Wow 4k that's like 700 pixels such a display would put everything else into average category. But 5.9 is too big.

According to this report Samsung seems to understand the needs of note customers even if it's just a rumour.
    03-06-2015 05:12 AM
    until i have absolutely no other options, i have to have an SD card and removable battery. those 2 options will force me to leave samsung if the next note doesnt have it.
    But if you leave Samsung you will still go to a phone with no removable unless you go with LG
    03-06-2015 05:39 AM
    Not worried. I actually like the changes. I've been waiting for built-in wireless charging and a better fingerprint scanner for a while. Never used a spare battery and stopped using SD cards a few years back after negative experiences of overheating / slow transfer rates. Bring on these changes I say lol.
    03-06-2015 05:51 AM
    I'm not worried. If they change then so be it. The battery thing doesn't bother me. I'd be bummed about no sd slot, but if I like the phone I'll get it regardless.

quest7 likes this.
    03-06-2015 06:08 AM
    I keep old devices for years, being able to easily replace the battery and use micro sd cards allow them to be very useful and effective devices off line for years... (the cloud doesn't go everywhere and can someday go away)

Love this Note 4... best, most useful device I've ever owned. (...and I've had a LOT!) :-) microSD card support and replaceable batteries are my 2 biggest wants/needs - whoever sells them, will get my money. :-)

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)
    catberryday likes this.
    03-06-2015 07:27 AM
    Right now I'm very happy with the Note 4. After Spending $600 on the GS4 and then $800 on the Note 4, I plan to take a break from buying a new phone this year. The Note 4 perfectly meets all of my needs.

Having said that, I will look into buying a new 5.7 inch, or slightly bigger phone at the end of 2016. Honestly, I though it would be the Note 6, but the GS6 has me a little worried. The choice of "pretty" over "options" is not one I'm a fan of. To me, I never cared how the phone looked, because it would go inside a case. To me, it's all about the screen. But when the design takes away features like removable batteries and SD Card support, that's when the design starts to bother me.

I will have time to see if they release a Galaxy S6 Active, Note 5 and even the GS7. If they just leave the "pretty" look for the S line, then my next phone will likely be the Note 6. But if that design makes its way to the Note line, I will be looking at other OEM's and hoping that Project Ara truly takes off. I like choice, and if I can have a phone in which I can change the CPU, GPU, RAM, camera sensor, battery and storage at free will, I will probably go for that. I would like to have a smartphone as upgradable as a computer.

I was hoping to get a Note 6 with a 4K display and a true octa core CPU, not the current Big/little set up. But we'll see how Samsung moves along because it is a little worrisome as a Note 4 user.
    clevin likes this.
    03-06-2015 07:43 AM
    After seeing the S6 I must say that I am a little disappointed in the way it resembles the iPhone.
    Samsung always had its own thing going and I liked that (plastic and all), but now it seems that they are going for beauty. That bothers me a little, because I have had 4 Samsung phones till now, and baby I certainly didn't buy them because they looked nice.

clevin likes this.
    03-06-2015 09:04 AM
    It all depends on how they're put together and how much Samsung will charge to replace the battery. If the phones are just glued together and not intended to be opened again, rendering them disposable effectively, i'll be jumping ship to another manufacturer.

catberryday likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:17 PM
    Other:

Nope - I can live without SD and Removable Battery.
    Ry likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:35 PM
    Other:

Nope - I can live without SD and Removable Battery.
    Yup.
    03-06-2015 03:11 PM
    I think we shouldn't be worried. Samsung has.
    03-06-2015 07:27 PM
    They had better leave the removable battery and external card slot, else I'm done with Samsung. As for full metal unibody, hello, must Samsung phones resemble the iPhone? I wanted something different, if i want an iPhone, I'll bloody get one!

Posted via my awesome N4
    quest7 likes this.
    03-07-2015 03:43 AM
    They had better leave the removable battery and external card slot, else I'm done with Samsung. As for full metal unibody, hello, must Samsung phones resemble the iPhone? I wanted something different, if i want an iPhone, I'll bloody get one!

Posted via my awesome N4
    Agreed if I wanted a fashion toy id's be buying something else, although the Note 4 is gorgeous.

Since I'm not a band follower the next phone -will keep the Note 4 fire a long time- will be one with removable battery and sd card fire sure.
    03-07-2015 01:00 PM
    Agreed if I wanted a fashion toy id's be buying something else, although the Note 4 is gorgeous.

Since I'm not a band follower the next phone -will keep the Note 4 fire a long time- will be one with removable battery and sd card fire sure.
    It's funny because Samsung has a similar following in mobile phones as Apple.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    03-07-2015 02:42 PM
    It's funny because Samsung has a similar following in mobile phones as Apple.

Wouldn't think so, I've bought the Note for one reason and one reason only because the best phone out there and it just happens to be a Samsung but I wouldn't buy anything just because it has a Samsung logo on it.
    03-07-2015 03:18 PM
    I read several Android forums, and what I've seen over the past few months is that Android fans don't want options. People are constantly calling for the removal of options. Now that Samsung is heading down that path, I'd think there would be more rejoicing. I don't understand how anyone can be upset over it.
    03-07-2015 06:37 PM
    Note worried at all. The Note 4 is already a New design with a Metal frame and it has a removable battery and SD card.
    The Note is a different series. It's a productivity device, not a phone designed to grab iPhone users.
    The S series have always been in direct competition with Apples iPhone. So it makes sense that they make it More like an iPhone.

Simma down people. The Note 5 will have SD card and removable battery. I will bet money on it.
    03-07-2015 09:45 PM
    Wouldn't think so, I've bought the Note for one reason and one reason only because the best phone out there and it just happens to be a Samsung but I wouldn't buy anything just because it has a Samsung logo on it.
    But you are the minority.

Samsung has the same following. Their sales numbers are enough to show that.

03-07-2015 10:30 PM
35 12