90 day App store refunds beats 15 mins from Google

D

darktanone

Turns out Apple offers 90 day refunds on purchases from the App Store. What!!! It's done through iTunes and has, apparently, always been their policy. They just don't advertise it to protect the developers from rampant refunds like in the Android Marketplace. This just about eliminates the long standing Android advantage about refunds. While I imagine Apple will have limits or the ultimate final decision in each case, it's a nice option for iOS users. I'm going to give it a try. I paid twice for a magazine on my IPad and I'll request a refund and report back the results.

Reactions: blopez24

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The reason is the App store has enough Apps to sale, but Android market longs for the vendors give more apps to it, so the policy is different ...

+1 I totally agree. Android is changing its policy to appease developers. Bu i was reading a article also stating that it might be so that developers will release more lite apps. Honestly how many apps are really worth it in the app store? not alot. Almost every app has a lite app so the numbers are skewed. Android wants more apps best way to to appeal to the developers hence the change in return policy. Besides 15 mins is more than enough to see if you want an app or not. download play dont like , then return.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it the other way around? I thought Apple collected 30% and Developers took home 80%

You reminded me of the little giants " because football is 80% physical, and 40% percent mental."

Now this would suck though for developers if the masses knew about it. Having to pay 100 percent of the app suck. so essentially apple gets a 130% profit if an app is returned.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think that this is a very good thing for the Android Market. There were threads that gave instructions to download a paid app, do what you needed and then return it to avoid the cost.

We want developers to be able to make a buck as best they can. That draws more developers and more apps. They are able to keep their prices down.

Android has a far higher percentage of free apps than Apple or BlackBerry. We need developers to make money too.

D

darktanone

Got my refund!

Sorry for the delay, just got back from vacation in Fort Lauderdale. I got 3G speeds of 5mb on AT&T while there. Wish it was that fast here in Phoenix. Anyway, as promised, I'm reporting back on my iTunes store refund. Just to recap, I had to repurchase the first issue of Wired magazine for iPad. I don't know what happened to it and haven't figured it out. I explained the situation through iTunes customer service via email on December 23 and got the refund the next day. That was fast. I bought the original 500MB Wired issue back in June '09. Repurchased the same issue about a month ago and got the refund on December 24. Pretty impressive by any measure. Apple's customer service is one big advantage Google and its handset manufactures can't come close to matching...And is another reason why so many choose iDevices over the others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc